Accounting and Administration officer
Jobs at:The Rwanda Insurers Association (ASSAR)
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background The Rwanda Insurers Association (ASSAR) was founded in 1992 as an independent nonprofit making consultative and advisory body for the insurance industry. The Association currently has 12 members. One of the core mandate of the Association is to champion an enabling environment for its members, promote growth through market development and excellence in insurance industry. The insurance sector is an integral component of financial system in Rwanda. It is the third largest component of the financial system after banking and public pension fund. The sector supports the economy by providing risk mitigation mechanisms for households and firms as well as supporting financing by investments mobilized from policy holders. Its performance and growth is thus, critical for economic growth and development.
Vacancy Announcement Accounting and Administration officer
Responsible for overseeing the day to day administrational and accounting duties at the association secretariat, and coordinate implementation of exco decisions and ongoing projects.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks Accounting
• Administering payrolls, RSSB contribution and controlling income and expenditure
• Preparing quarterly financial statement
• Overseeing the cost approval and payment processes and ensuring they are correctly followed
• Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
• Preparing asset report and statement of liabilities
• Providing tax services with reference to current legislation
• Dealing with insolvency cases
• Managing and monitoring movements on ASSAR Accounts
• Budget Preparation
• Negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organizations
Administration and Day to day Office Management
• Coodination of committee meetings and follow up on implementation and agreed action
• Assist the managing director in the day to day work at the association With the guidance of the MD Coordinate implementation of ASSAR programs and initiatives
• Manage the e-certificate system, receive orders from insurers and issue e-stock after receiving
• Monitor service levels by constantly checking with users of the Beyontec platform and ensure
optimal service experience
• Ensuring timely settlement of annual contribution payment by all ASSAR members
• Planning and coordination of ASSAR trainings and events
• Point of contact for visitors to the association. Receive guests and provide needed information
• Preparation of association member documentation such non objection letters, certificates of
membership and others
• Custodian of other ASSAR communication platforms (info email, twitter, etc) constantly check
these accounts and make necessary engagements
• Preparing meetings and taking minutes. Follow up and drive implementation of excom decisions
• Preparation of contracts and ensuring timely payments of suppiers and service providers.
• Contracts include but are not limited to contracts for rent, office support, internet services, etc
Sourcing of office supplies
• Record keeping and file management
• Report prepation
• Strong organization and interpersonal skills; Professionalism
• Strong negotiation and reporting skills; Strong communication and presentation skills
• Good analytical, investigative and inspection skills,
• Knowledge of general business management project planning, budgeting resource management, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation
• Proficiency in computer application
• Very Good Command of English Speaking English, French & Kinyarwanda will be a great advantage.
• Leadership and supervision skills,
• Ethics and integrity;
• Team player,
• Self-starter, ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask
Candidates of Rwandan nationalities shall be a priority
Candidates must be between 27-35 Years of Age
• A degree or professional qualification in accounting/Finance/Business administration
• Solid experience in Insurance sector, experience in accounting, finance, administration and general business management, or any other related field.
• Competence and at least 5 Years' experience
• Considerable knowledge on current dynamics in the insurance sector, product portfolio, regulation and market practices
Job Education Requirements:
A degree in the fields of/or: Accounting, Finance, business administration and management from a reputed institution Job Experience Requirements: 5+ years
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates shall submit the following online through the emails;
An Application Letter
Copies of Academic Transcripts.
Ms. Denise Rwakayija, Managing Director ASSAR, firstname.lastname@example.org the deadline for application is 30 November 2021, any working hours. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.