Associate Director of Internal Audit
Jobs at:HOPE International
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 04 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, August 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Associate Director of Internal Audit is responsible for leading the organization’s audit activity in all microfinance programs across the globe. The work includes developing and implementing the internal audit plan and issuing the required internal audit reports. It also includes carrying out a comprehensive program that provides assurance designed to add value and improve HOPE International microfinance programs’ risk management, control, and governance processes.
• Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
• Oversee audit activities of HOPE International’s microfinance programs across the globe in accordance with established internal standards and external regulations for efficiency, accuracy, and security.
• Lead and support regional internal audit managers of microfinance programs.
• Work with HOPE International Internal Audit team in evaluating and identifying microfinance programs’ risks and developing audit objectives, plans, and scope.
• Ensure the efficient and effective completion of the following items: Seeing that the approved audit programs are carried out; Determining that work papers support the findings; Ensuring that reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely; Determining that objectives are met.
• Assist senior director of internal audit in presenting results of work performed to senior management and the board audit committee; assist senior director of internal audit in budgeting and re-forecasting of the internal audit department.
• Participate in the review and approval of the detailed audit programs tailored to each audit objective or department to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed.
• Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Ensure the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached.
• Interact with personnel throughout HOPE International microfinance programs, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues, achieve the desired improvement actions and maintain a harmonious working relationship while preserving integrity of audit reports.
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
• Perform related work as assigned by the internal audit team.
• Assist in fraud investigations as required and direct audit staff of HOPE International microfinance programs as needed.
• Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
• Bachelor’s degree with a business administration, finance, or accounting concentration.
• Five years of accounting, external audit, or internal audit experience, or an equivalent combination of audit and management positions in microfinance and/or financial services covering business analysis, operations, and finance.
• Familiarity with ethics in general and the common indicators of fraud in particular.
• Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Ability to travel, as needed, up to 45 days.
• Professional certification including Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Fraud Examiner will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.