Business Development Officer
Jobs at:UAP Group
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To develop and grow the business by driving a good relationship between clients, brokers, and banks in a manner that ensures achievement of set business targets
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and grow Broker business line in a manner that ensures achievement of set business targets
• Identify sales leads and maintain a good working relationship with brokers and new clients
• Identify new business opportunities including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products, and services
• Manage Broker’s Account Managers, ensure strong relationships and drive performance towards targets achievements
• Provide market insight to identify new business opportunities
• Manage and provide business support to brokers and effective after sales support
• Execute retention target on renewals to retain a broker and bank business
• Provide support services and training to broker account managers
• Ensures acceptable levels of business retention (i.e. preservation of existing business) are maintained at all times; and any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced by other suitable accounts (over and above the new business acquisition target for the year)
• Closely monitors customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened; negotiates renewal terms well in advance and sends formal renewal confirmations to clients before the renewal dates
• Maintains, and regularly updates business progress reports
• cover note control – to make sure all outgoing cover notes are properly used and returned for booking within 5 working days after being issued to clients.
• Weekly visits to intermediaries to make sure that the relationship is cemented and to do a regular audit on the issued UAP stationeries to the intermediaries
Academic/Professional Qualifications and experience
• University degree in marketing or another related field
• Basic Insurance qualification
• Sales and Marketing Qualification
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing/sales role.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Good communication and negotiating skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Driven to deliver real value and quality service to a demanding and diverse client base.
• Confident and self-motivated.
• Quality orientation.
• Honest, objective, and high integrity.
• High standards of performance for self.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.