Business Development Officer
Jobs at:UAP Group
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To develop and grow the business by driving a good relationship between clients, brokers, and banks in a manner that ensures achievement of set business targets
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and grow Broker business line in a manner that ensures achievement of set business targets
• Identify sales leads and maintain a good working relationship with brokers and new clients
• Identify new business opportunities including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products, and services
• Manage Broker’s Account Managers, ensure strong relationships and drive performance towards targets achievements
• Provide market insight to identify new business opportunities
• Manage and provide business support to brokers and effective after sales support
• Execute retention target on renewals to retain a broker and bank business
• Provide support services and training to broker account managers
• Ensures acceptable levels of business retention (i.e. preservation of existing business) are maintained at all times; and any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced by other suitable accounts (over and above the new business acquisition target for the year)
• Closely monitors customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened; negotiates renewal terms well in advance and sends formal renewal confirmations to clients before the renewal dates
• Maintains, and regularly updates business progress reports
• cover note control – to make sure all outgoing cover notes are properly used and returned for booking within 5 working days after being issued to clients.
• Weekly visits to intermediaries to make sure that the relationship is cemented and to do a regular audit on the issued UAP stationeries to the intermediaries
Academic/Professional Qualifications and experience
• University degree in marketing or another related field
• Basic Insurance qualification
• Sales and Marketing Qualification
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing/sales role.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Good communication and negotiating skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Driven to deliver real value and quality service to a demanding and diverse client base.
• Confident and self-motivated.
• Quality orientation.
• Honest, objective, and high integrity.
• High standards of performance for self.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree