Business Development Senior Analyst, Climate Finance
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Business Development Senior Analyst, Climate Finance
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will sit on the global Business Development team, and help to build One Acre Fund's emerging climate finance strategy. You will support efforts to source, structure, and execute funding for farmer-focused climate change adaptation and mitigation goals. You will report to the Senior Partnerships Manager.
• Stewardship: You will support the Senior Partnerships Manager in stewarding existing climate finance partnerships. Over time - through the subsequent responsibilities, and pending performance - you will independently manage your own partnerships portfolio.
• Network building: You will conduct outreach and relationship-building with a range of climate-focused peers and potential partners - including climate financiers, donors, lenders, and carbon buyers.
• Structuring new climate finance: You will engage with climate financiers to design opportunities that work best for smallholder farmers, across themes of carbon credits, ecosystem services, adaptation finance, insurance, and precision agriculture.
• Internal strategy building: You will support leadership in refinement of One Acre Fund's climate finance strategy.
• People management: If successful, you will manage one or more professionals over time.
• A spokesperson for our farmers. One Acre Fund contributes to global discussions affecting smallholder farmers. You will be a spokesperson for our organization, presenting at relevant climate events.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• An undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
• Technical knowledge of climate change and its impacts on smallholder farmers.
• Familiarity with climate finance mechanisms, including carbon markets and climate adaptation finance.
• Strong quantitative analytical skills with large data sets. Knowledge of financial modeling.
• Ability to communicate technical topics clearly with external partners.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
This job can be located in any of our major offices, in: New York City, USA; Utrecht, Holland; London, UK; Nairobi, Kenya; Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com,) but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.