Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
OS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health and community development programs, that supports a holistic approach in the interest of the child. In this regard, SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda seeks to recruit a Chief Accountant to be based at its National Office .
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Budgeting and Budget Control
• Prepares National Office budget proposal
• Consolidates Member Association’s budget and submits it to Director of Finance & Administration
• Ensures technical correctness of the entire Member Association’s budget including chart of accounts application
• Prepares budget deviation information of the National Office
• Calculate various proposal/application budgets (e.g. grants, government subsidies) according to specific donor requirements
Accounting and Internal Control
• Ensures that the organisation uses the latest version of the SOS Children’s Villages accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
• Supports Director of Finance & Administration in developing and implementing an up-to-date documented system of accounting policies, financial procedures, internal control guidelines (in compliance with local regulations & SOS Children’s Villages standards) within the entire association
• Consolidates and ensures the correctness of the Member Association’s accounting data and statistical key figures according to local financial regulations as well as SOS Children’s Villages standards and guidelines
• Keeps the National Office accountancy as well as responsible for reporting to the local authorities (e.g. for accounting and statistics reporting)
• Supports Director of Finance & Administration in conducting internal audits in all Member Association’s facilities
• Supports Director of Finance & Administration in providing relevant financial information to specific deadlines as requested by different stakeholders
• Prepares financial reports related to projects (e.g. construction projects, projects financed by public grants etc.) according to existing SOS Children’s Villages standards and/or special donor requirements
• Prepares the National Offices liquidity plan
• Consolidates liquidity plans from facilities/locations (optional)
Job Skills: Not Specified
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, professional qualification such as ACCA and CPA are a plus
• At least Five years of relevant work experience with a not-for-profit organization
• Analytical thinking
• Sound judgment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and training ability
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficiency with Excel, Peachtree, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work with various administrative and program levels in the organization.
• Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of accounting principles, procedures and techniques
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed application (including application letter, CV and copies of education qualification) and an employment application form well filled in. (Available at the National Office).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted by 17.00 hour on 20 March 2020 to email@example.com . Late applications will not be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.