Corporate Credit Analyst
Jobs at:Ecobank Rwanda PLC
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporates business segments. The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services. Ecobank Rwanda Ltd is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central east and southern African (CESA) region. .
• Preparation and quality of credit papers for credit committee reviews
• Research, analysis and presentation of market quality intelligence reports to support credit analysis.
• Management and quality of credit portfolio information
• Adequacy of personal competence to effectively perform Credit analysis tasks.
• Conduct Joint Calls with Local Account Managers and other Seniors
• Consistency in adherence to and application of established policies, processes, procedures and tools to achieve optimal efficiency, compliance and cost containment
• Provide and analyze financial information for use in the preparation of credit reports
• Review of credit requests including review of financial and credit information provided in respect to the corporate clients
• Assist in the financial evaluation of new business/projects and provide a guide on market risk.
• Prepare credit reports for new proposals and renewals and provide guidance on structuring of credits, due diligence, and KYC so as to ensure that credits meet Ecobank Group standards.
• Maintain financial information on loan accounts including financial covenants, spreads, and interim reports
• Monthly evaluate and interpret performance reports of assigned portfolio and assist in the assessment of progress against the department’s scorecard and budget
• Conduct periodic economic analysis, industry studies, self-assessment and stress tests and recommend strategy and plans of action vis-a-vis the Corporate Banking’s credit portfolio
• Proactive monitoring of the credit portfolio to ensure the early detection of problem credits.
• Undertake annual reviews of credits
• Counter check that interest rates & other conditions are correctly applied on loan accounts
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree in Accounting; Economics; Finance or related field of study
• Experience of at least 2 years in Banking
• Corporate Credit Analysis experience of 2 years at a minimum and 3 years overall Banking experience at minimum
• Customer Focus, result oriented and team player
• Good Verbal and written communication skills in relevant languages
• Good organizational and time management skills desirable
• Technical skills to effectively perform credit analysis and portfolio maintenance activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high-quality standards or benchmarks.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
• Knowledge of lending business and products
• Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
• Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.