Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 30 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Driver will provide driving services, vehicle maintenance, record-keeping (log book), and
supplementary clerical work as needed. The Driver will operate and maintain vehicles used for
BRAC International Rwanda.
• Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and courtesy.
• Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
• Providing other services as requested by a supervisor when not engaged in transportation service.
• Ensure that logbooks for all BRAC International Rwanda vehicles are accurate and kept up to date.
• Record fuel consumption of vehicles; monitor fuel consumption and ensure that reconciliations are carried out with Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
• Ensure that vehicles are serviced and maintained as required and in accordance with BRAC International policy.
• Ensure correct loading and unloading of the vehicles considering the maximum load
• capacity, proper distribution, and securing of the load.
• Ensure vehicle maintenance; this includes ensuring the car is washed, serviced on time, and reporting any major repairs to be undertaken.
• Immediately notify supervisor of any technical failure, damage or need for maintenance and note details in the vehicle logbook.
• Carry out the necessary daily and weekly check-ups as specified in the vehicle policy
• Ensure safe parking of the vehicle at all times, particularly at night, during office closure or public holiday, and when not in use.
• Verify that the vehicle logbook is complete, first aid kits, and spare tire are always in the vehicle.
• Follow all traffic rules and regulations; drive with courtesy for others on the road and for pedestrians and animals.
• Drive at a speed which is adjusted to the road and weather conditions and with consideration for the safety of the passengers, other road users, the load and technical state of the vehicle.
• Wear a seat belt and ensure that the passengers are also always wearing seat belts when the vehicle is in motion.
• Determine whether or not to attempt to cross a difficult section of the road, to continue after a technical defect has been detected, or to delay the travel
• Immediately notify a supervisor as well as local authorities, in case of any accident in which you are involved.
• Transporting officers for meetings and any other official trips.
• Airport pick-ups for Pact staff and guests.
• Make sure all necessary documents (i.e.) insurance, registration, etc.) are present in the
• vehicle and are up to date.
• Ensure necessary travel permits and documents before undertaking a trip.
• Correctly record each use of the vehicle in the logbook, including complete date,
• beginning mileage, ending mileage, travel start location (from) destination, and purpose
• of travel.
• Settle all expenses, per diems, and declarations as soon as you return from field travel in line with BRAC International Rwanda travel policy.
• Manage insurance and renewal of vehicle licenses. Perform simple tasks, such as placing phone calls, taking messages, confirming plane reservations, making photocopies, collating, and organizing reports, picking up and delivering mail.
• Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards.
• Comply with all organizational policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
• Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Education and Experience:
• At least 5 years of driving experience with at least 2 years as an official driver for a company or organization.
• Must have at least a Rwanda Secondary School Certificate of Examination. Should have the ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
• Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of transportation.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with ability to establish effective professional relationships with visitors, co-workers, and upper-level staff and employees.
• Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports relating to vehicles, extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicles.
• The successful candidate will combine exceptional people management skills and experience in managing vehicles and working in a fast-paced environment. S/he will have previous experience in working in an NGO implementing multi sectoral youth, education, livelihoods, and social development projects.
• S/he will have an outstanding ability to provide solutions to complex challenges.
• S/he will also have proven experience with cross-cultural team and capacity building, individual staff development and strong mentoring skills.
• S/he should be willing to travel to remote project locations, have a strong initiative to work in communities and vulnerable adolescent boys and girls, young women and men, support coordination with community leaders, and ensure high quality implementation and accountability.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
• Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: email@example.com, Application deadline is 30st May 2023
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.