Director, Major & Planned Gifts
Jobs at:African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director, Major & Planned Gifts
The Director, Major and Planned Gifts will oversee the Donor Engagement and Legacy Giving teams on their charge to attain ambitious annual revenue goals as well as the special gifts campaign – both key components of a five-year fundraising strategy to drive the organizational growth needed to achieve the goals set out in AWF’s 2020-2030 Strategic Vision.
The Director will take a leadership role in developing and guiding the major gifts program with a focus on deepening existing relationships through well-developed individual portfolio moves management plans, as well as executing on innovative strategies to bring new high net worth individuals into the AWF fold. This includes close collaboration with AWF senior leadership in engaging AWF trustees in the development process.
The Director is also responsible for developing and guiding strategy that will strengthen AWF’s Legacy program designed to achieve annual goals and build organizational reserves as well as build the pipeline for future legacy gifts, including strategies on increasing the number of major donors who become planned givers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the team of donor engagement frontline fundraisers, Senior Manager of Special Gifts and the Senior Manager of Legacy Giving, including oversight of implementation of strategy, providing mentorship, as well as frequent engagement on strategies and moves management for key donors in each portfolio to ensure we are meeting the milestones necessary to achieve annual and long-term revenue goals.
• Develop and manage the programs’ annual budgets, including revenue and expense projections and the detailed work plans needed to achieve goals.
• Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing Division teams to develop integrated communications and marketing plans that provide ample stewardship and cultivation touchpoints for existing donors and prospects.
• Evaluate the performance of portfolio managers and co-develop strategies with managers to close gaps in fundraising pipeline.
• Collaborate with the safari team to leverage the safari program as a tool for deepening relationship with existing major donors, upgrading lower level donors with capacity as well as acquiring new major donors.
• Maintain familiarity with all aspects of AWF’s programs in Africa, representing AWF’s programs with confidence, clarity and knowledge of details of programmatic goals and objectives, serving as a resource for fundraisers.
• Provide oversight for Africa staff’s schedules when visiting the U.S. and coordinate ‘roadshows’ with fundraisers across the team of Frontline fundraisers.
• Ensure adherence of policies for data integrity across the team and advise others on correct usage.
• Identify relevant industry knowledge about the current landscape of philanthropy with the Development team.
• In collaboration with the Directors of Development for Canada and the United Kingdom, provide inputs into strategies for major and planned giving for these and new geographies.
• Collaborate with Special Advisor, Development & Public Engagement, to ensure team understands and has resources needed to secure funding for organization’s priority unfunded needs.
• Participate as part of special gifts campaign team.
• Passionate about advocating for AWF’s mission to ensure that wildlife and wild lands endure in modern Africa.
• Demonstrated knowledge of conservation and development issues and the organizational players.
• 8+ years of successful track record of fundraising with individual major and planned donors and prospects. Demonstrated experience with securing six and seven figure gifts.
• Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred.
• 5+ years experience effectively managing staff, budgets and ensuring milestones are met.
• Knowledge and experience with planned gifts, blended gifts and gifts of complex assets.
• Experience with capital campaigns a plus.
• Persuasive written communication skills in both creative and technical formats.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with genuine ability to relate to people from various geographic and economic backgrounds.
• Confident public speaker, able to present programs in a compelling way.
• Willingness and ability to travel, including travel to Africa when appropriate.
• Experience with donor database a must, and with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software, a plus.
Bachelors or better in Finance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To Apply Click Here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.