Director of Finance and Administration
Rwanda Girl Guides Association (AGR)
Deadline of this Job:
4th March 2019
Date Posted: 21st February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Director of Finance and Administration
Accountability: Executive Secretary
Hours of Work: Full-Time position
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR) is a national non-governmental organization with the aim of enabling girls and young women to acquire skills leading to their development and autonomy and to become agents of positive change as responsible citizens.
AGR seeks a Head of Finance and Administration to ensure the organization meets all financial, legal and regulatory requirements. The Head of Finance and Administration will lead, manage, and integrate the accounting, administrative, operational, human resources and IT functions of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Works closely with the Executive Secretary to develop and monitor the financial budget and strategy of the organization and ensure that it aligns with the overall strategic direction of AGR
• Creates and periodically updates a financial management plan and budget with short-term and long-term strategic and tactical goals.
• Works with the program managers and accountants to develop and monitor budgets, financial statements, and bank reconciliations.
• Assesses and manages AGR’s risk and liability.
• Provides expertise, guidance, and oversight in the areas of IT and Human Resources to ensure that those functions are operating and/or being carried out efficiently and cost-effectively.
• Assists the Executive Secretary and Treasurer as custodian of AGR’s funds and other assets.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for AGR financial and administrative operations including banking, accounting functions, payroll, budget preparation, information technology, human resources, and administrative services.
• Reconciles fixed assets register and accounts, monthly depreciation.
• Monitor organizational performance against both the annual budget and its long-term strategy.
• Prepares accurate and timely recording of all financial information including cash receipts and disbursements, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, payroll and benefits, journal entries and the general ledger.
• Prepares monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement, cash flow, and supplemental schedules.
• Maintains prepayment schedules and ensure their reconciliation with all AGR accounts within 72 hours after the end of the month
• Prepares VAT, WHT and sometimes PAYE and reconciliation of tax accounts
• Manages all aspects of the annual audit.
• Develops with the assistance of the accountants and program managers, the annual budget and monitors budgets for grants, contracts, and fundraising events, and prepares related reports
• Oversees and keeps current personnel policies and procedures.
• Controls all suspense accounts on weekly basic to ensure no suspected amount in these accounts.
• Interfaces with the Fund Mobilization, Internal Audit, and Tender Committees and attends all meetings thereof.
• Establishes and maintains contact with financial institutions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the above fields (preferably in a non-profit organization)
• Experience with accrual accounting, cost allocation, budget development, and administration and financial reporting
• Hands-on accounting experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Software accounting (Ability in using Quick Books is an advantage)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Operations, administrative and time management skills.
• Highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks, and think innovatively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Kinyarwanda
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Required to comply with AGR’s Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Policy, to treat volunteers and colleagues according to the code, and inform superiors about any violation of the code.
Job application procedure
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND ONLY:
• Letter of Interest
• Copy of academic qualifications
Addressed to the Chief Commissioner, to email@example.com not later than 04 March 2019.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. No telephone inquiries. Finalists will be contacted. More information about Association des Guides du Rwanda can be found at www.rwandagirlguides.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.