Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
17 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
• Background Information
Job Title: Embedded Advisor
Department: Business Development
Duo Reports to: Functionally to Manager Equity Investment & Advisory services and Administratively to the AFIRR Project Coordinator
Contract terms: Period of assignment is for 1 year, with a possibility of renewal once depending on demonstrated good performance
Purpose of the Job
The consultant will support the Development Bank of Rwanda in creating up a fully-fledged advisory services unit by setting up its strategy, policies, pricing, processes, procedures and provide all necessary tools and advice to ensure the long term of the division.
Scope of work
The consultant’s broad and overall work will be to support Development Bank of Rwanda in setting up the Advisory services unit which will provide world class advisory services to all types of Bank’ clients, the private sector, the general public and market. This unit would be a source of knowledge, market insights, resources and expertise across various sectors (contracted on a need-basis or in-house) to different stakeholder. This unit will support the private sector to ensure that it benefits from the ERF and AFIRR, but also linking projects/enterprises to potential investors, unlocking the potential growth of local SMEs and startups, providing technical assistance for sustainability and ESG and advising on project funding beyond AFFIR.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
• Conducting Surveys to understand the need for advisory services and required interventions. Seek and obtain feedback from relevant Bank stakeholders, mainly from potential clients
• Development of a 5-year strategy plan for the set up and running of the advisory services unit (ASU). The strategy should ensure long term sustainability of the ASU.
• Development of relevant ASU strategy subsidiary action plans for the implementation of identified activities
• Detailed proposal on the skills required, qualifications and trainings to be undertaken by the ASU staff based on performed gaps analysis
• Detailed proposal on the ASU staffing requirements to meet the ASU short and long terms objectives set in the relevant strategy plans
• Development of pricing guidelines for the services offered by ASU
• Development of the ASU service charter which should include types of services to be offered and related processes and procedures
• Development of all required policies, processes, and procedures in relation to the newly created ASU
• Advising on the types of clients, their identification and retention
• Advising on the innovative digital tools and systems to be used under ASU for the management of clients and activities
• Providing trainings (knowledge transfer) to BRD staff in the ASU
• Build a strong pipeline of potential clients and proposals on how required advisory services can be offered for each identified client
• Monthly and Quarterly progress reports, Annual Reports to the Head of Business Development describing major activities undertaken and tasks accomplished during the reporting period, challenges hindering implementation process and Possible mitigations.
• The consultant will work closely and regularly with existing ASU team to perform the assignment. Additionally, the advisor will provide technical input and advice to BRD management as needed on any matters related and/or relevant to the advisory services.
• All BRD departments
• Any relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• A Master’s degree in economics, business administration, accounting, finance, project management or related discipline.
• Demonstrate at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the advisory services, of which 5 should be at a senior position.
• Strong business and advisory experience with extensive finance/accounting background.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, writing and analytical skills.
• Ability to gather and analyze data and generate information for decisions making purposes. The advisor should be highly skilled in report drafting and presentations
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is a requirement. Knowledge in French is an added advantage.
• Experience in running a startup project would be an added advantage
• Five-year strategic plan for the Advisory Services Unit with a focus on ensured long term sustainability and impact.
• Establishment and set up a fully-fledged Advisory Services Unit
• Needs assessment and validation of technical assistance needs internally and externally
• Training of BRD staff and knowledge transfer to the dedicated teams
• Advice to BRD management on all matters related to the advisory services
• Identification of skills gaps and training required as a well staffing requirements for short- and long-term sustainability of the Advisory Unit.
• Development of service charters, pricing guidelines, policy, processes and procedures related to the Advisory services unit and the services offered.
• Building a strong pipeline of clients and producing comprehensive proposals on how to implement and support each activity required and any necessary client retention methods as well.
• Advising on digital tools to be used for the advisory services unit as well as any innovation that would make the unit relevant in today’s market.
• Producing periodic reports on achieved tasks, challenges and mitigation and suggestion on the way forward.
Budget & payment terms
• Period: Period of assignment is for 1 year, with a possibility of renewal depending on demonstrated good performance
• Location: The place of assignment is at BRD, Rwanda.
• Supervision: The consultant will have duo reporting line; to the Manager Equity Investment & Advisory services and to the AFIRR Project Coordinator.
• Payment: The consultant will be paid on a monthly basis based on negotiation.
• The role is open to Nationals and Internationals who will be willing to relocate in Rwanda during the assignment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered. Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda. Deadline for application: Tuesday 17th March 2022 The employment package is highly competitive/attractive. Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Done in Kigali, March 1st , 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.