Finance & Admin Manager
Jobs at:International Development Law Organization
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direct supervision of the Program Lead, Rwanda, the Finance and Admin Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the financial policies, procedures, and guidelines to provide optimum efficient and effective support to IDLO’s programming. The Finance and Administration Manager will manage finance activities in accordance with the goals and strategic needs of the organization and work in coordination with the Program and Finance Units at IDLO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
The incumbent will be responsible for;
• Lead in the monthly financial close of the Country Office (CO) and the production of monthly financial reports;
• Prepare relevant financial management reports related to the Country Office, and ensure accuracy of the reports prepared, taking necessary corrective measures into consideration;
• Accounts Payables:
• Review all expenses and comply with internal control systems in accordance with IDLO policies, accrual accounting, and donor rules;
• Ensure that financial procedures in place comply with the financial and procurement requirements of IDLO as well as donor rules and regulations;
• Ensure that supporting documentation is complete and accurate (of amounts, proof of receipt of services or goods) prior to payment;
• Advise on corrective actions needed if there are weaknesses in terms of document content and compliance issues. Ensure that payments are made only after approval has been obtained from the budget holder.
• Cash and bank management:
• Prepare monthly and annual Cash Flow forecasts, review and consolidate monthly cash forecasts for the country office ensuring funds are fully reconciled before submitting to Rome for processing;
• Ensure adequate availability of funds for program implementation and operational costs at any one time;
• Work closely with IDLO bankers ensuring all interests related to IDLO are in place;
• Prepare monthly cash and bank reconciliation ensuring all issues arising are addressed within a reasonable time;
• Ensure adequate controls around the management and use of cash, including appropriate cash counts and reconciliations on a periodic basis.
• Grants and budget management:
• Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets and IDLO chart of accounts;
• Coordinate with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of cost;
• Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
• Sub-grants management:
• Coordinate the sub-granting processes, monitoring, and management systems to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting, and oversight of all sub-grants;
• Maintain sub-grant tracking sheet and filing system for all sub-grantees proposals, agreements, financial reports, and outstanding advances;
• Review all sub-grant monitoring reports and prepare management summaries of findings and recommendations for discussion with the Country Manager;
• Review the periodic cash projections and cash transfer documents to the sub-grantee and advise on potential risk issues in relation to these transfers. Ensure financial reports are reconciled prior to making payments to subgrantees;
• Ensure each sub-grantee submits financial reports in accordance with sub-grant agreements and review financial reports for reasonableness; verifying consistency in programmatic delivery and financial spending.
• Filing financial documents:
• Ensure all original documents are properly coded and filed for ease of future reference prior to shipment to HQ;
• Ensure that all electronic copies of all documents shipped to Rome are maintained at the CO, filed electronically and in sequence;
• Ensure that all vouchers related to payments have been defaced with a “paid” stamp.
• Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program;
• Support in Human Resources management including leave management and payroll.
• Audit and compliance:
• Be the lead contact at the CO on audit-related exercises;
• Support the CO whenever audit requests are submitted, ensuring that the auditors are provided with the necessary supporting documents in a timely manner.
Education and experience
• University degree in a relevant field e.g. Accounting or Finance
• Relevant professional accountancy qualification and member of ICPAK
• Excellent written and communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Fluency in French would be an advantage.
• Work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of accounting, reporting, financial analysis and financial management preferably within international organizations with donor-funded programs
• At least 3 years supervisory experience
• Demonstrated working knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
• Demonstrated work experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably with MS NAVISION. Knowledge of Power-BI would be an advantage
• Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must), database, and word processing software
• Experience working with multi-partner projects is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Significant experience with accounting system management (preferably with Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
• Knowledge of the administrative procedures of an international development agency would be an asset;
• Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
• Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner;
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
• Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://www.impactpool.org/signup?onboarding=false
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.