Finance & Administration (F&A) Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
24th April 2019
Date Posted: 6th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 27000 , Minimum: 18000 , Maximum: 81000 , Period: MONTH
USAID Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services Program
Funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) Program provides pharmaceutical system strengthening assistance for sustained improvements in health system performance and to advance USAID’s goals of preventing child and maternal deaths, controlling the HIV/AIDS epidemic, and combatting infectious disease threats, as well as expanding essential health coverage. The goal of the global, five-year (2018–2023) program is to enable low- and middle-income countries to strengthen their pharmaceutical systems to ensure sustainable access to and appropriate use of safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable essential medicines and medicine-related pharmaceutical services.
MTaPS Rwanda F&A Specialist
The F&A Specialist will provide in-country finance, operations, and administration support to the project as guided. The F&A Specialist reports to the Finance & Administration Director based in Kenya and will have a project reporting line to the Country Project Director. This position will work closely with the Kenya F&A Director and their team on key office functions including accurate posting of accounting transactions into the MSH’s financial management system, ensure accuracy and timeliness of deposits and payment, maybe required to do some level of monthly account reconciliations, will enforce MSH and Donor rules & regulations as they relate to finance, operations, contract and procurement support, comply with MSH finance, procurement and administrative MSH procedures and actively support any internal and external audits as needed and work closely with the Kenya Finance & Admin Manager to identify internal control areas that need to be strengthened.
The Finance & Administration (F&A) Specialist ensures the smooth operations of the financial, operations and administration of the office including the office management systems, tools and services; accounting, financial reporting and budget management, training logistics and workshop planning; security; conducting compliant procurement of services and goods, managing fleet management needs and providing support with the international and in-country travel.
S/he ensures administrative management and program support are conducted according to MSH policy, MSH standard operating procedures and donor regulations and good business practices. S/he must complete tasks maintaining high standard with quality. S/he will contribute to achieve project targets. It includes the area of PR review, provides guidance for developing event budget, per-diem calculation, record keeping, organizing workshops, training events, seminar and meetings (inside and outside of the office) with counterparts and stakeholders on project activities.
S/he will be responsible for arranging all events by anticipating project needs, discerning work priorities, and meeting deadlines with close supervision of multiple project events under the guidance of the Country Project Director and in coordination with the program team.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Finance & Admin Director.
Financial Management System Administration (10%)
• Ensure full audit trail is respected as required and the required physical documents are attached to the financial management system.
• Ensure accurate and timely posting of Invoices/bills, bill payments, deposits and journals in the correct modules assigned by MSH.
Treasury/Cash Management (10%)
• Ensure a file is maintained for each bank account held in the MSH office. This includes bank opening, modification, signatory additions & removals, and bank closure details. This file should be securely kept in a safe or lockable drawer.
• Working closely with the Finance & Admin Director to provide any necessary administration support in coordinating documentation between the bank and MSH. This includes providing support to MSH treasury on submitting documents to the bank.
• Support the F&A Director in collating cash projections for the month from the project staff and draft the Monthly Top-Up request form for review and approval from the Finance & Admin Director ensuring compliance with MSH treasury cash threshold requirements.
• Ensure timely and accurate inputting of beneficiaries details ahead of payments on the Online banking
• Prepare/Collate accurate & complete documentation relating to Mobile money to staff, participants and beneficiaries for approval.
• Respond timely to queries from the Senior Accountant responsible for performing bank reconciliations for all bank accounts held in the MSH where the job holder has another staff member in the team that is responsible for posting transactions, then they can perform the Bank Reconciliation. In all cases the segregation should be respected i.e. staff member posting transactions does not perform the bank reconciliation as well.
• Maintain minimum Office Petty Cash ensuring cash count reconciliation is performed at least once a week.
Financial Accounting & Closing Period Responsibilities (15%)
• Support MSH Financial Accounting monthly & annual close processes.
• Respect the detailed reporting calendar deadlines approved by HQ finance/Regional Management unit.
• Support the Finance & Admin Director in performing the Month End/ Year Close procedures in line with MSH Close checklist.
• Perform some level of balance sheet reconciliations where necessary. Ensure receivables and payables are tightly controlled.
• Ensuring compliance with US GAAP, FRS, and Cost Accounting Standards.
Support Internal & External Audits (5%)
• Identify and submit required documentation to the auditors ensuring that all the necessary paperwork is adequately attached and audit trail is clear.
Supporting Financial Reporting (5%)
• Ensure accurate and timely posting of expenses (payments, accruals, bills) in the MSH financial management system to provide the most up-to-date position of expenditure performance.
• Assist in preparation of project budgets and pipelines and in collaboration with the program team, estimate upcoming cash needs, prepare expense projections and accrue expenditures as appropriate.
Enforce Compliance with Rules and Regulations (5%)
• Remaining up-to-date with Donor and MSH rules and regulations
• Ensure relevant local laws and regulations of the country are respected including timely remittances of mandatory deductions to government bodies like internal revenue authority and social security funds.
Financial Administrative Support (25%)
• Receive and review approved advance requests, invoices, travel expense forms (TEFs), advance reconciliation forms and other payment requests ensuring documentation is complete as per defined checklist.
• Ensure staff and vendors are paid timely in line with the agreed payrun days of the week.
• Ensure accountabilities are cleared on the financial system timely and any outstanding refunds made in the same accounting period with the accountability.
• Support project activities by ensuring the timely payment of participants and vendors through use of mobile money and online banking options.
• Working closely with the HR Regional Partner & external local Payroll firms in preparation, updating, reviewing the payroll & benefits for accuracy prior to approval by the Kenya F&A Manager.
• Ensure the timely payments of staff salaries and benefits in line with the calendar deadlines.
• Working closely with the HR Regional Partner, support the consolidation and allocation of staff salaries and benefits according to approved timesheets remitted to finance timely on a monthly basis.
• Working with HR Regional Partner in reviewing annual staff insurance benefits i.e. health, life insurance ensuring requirements and rules around eligibility of dependents is respected. With approval from the Kenya F&A Manager and Country Project Director, payout local benefits plans, including pension and health insurance; track staff leave balances via the PTO tracker ensuring information up-to-date; update all accruals and reconcile contributions to the local benefits plan with the financials as part of the month-end close process.
• Oversee the processing of documentation for obtaining VAT exemption certificates for procurements made with donor funds as appropriate, conducting quality control checks on and filing all documents for reimbursement.
• Oversee timely payments of all MSH tax liabilities as well as any local requirements pertaining to quarterly/annual tax reporting.
Office Administrative Support (5%)
• Responsible for office facilities and utilities are maintained and functional; ensure cleanliness of office and its premises in an efficient and effective way; oversee the Store and Supplies stock Management; maintain stock room tracker and ensure adequate stationery and supplies are available in the store.
• Manage the inventory management register and conduct bi-annual physical inventory counts ensuring full reconciliation of the register and physical position.
• With HO guidance, set up and maintain an up-to-date e- filing system in line with MSH e-filing document mapping standard procedures for finance, operations and administration files. All hard copy files must be scanned to be filed electronically.
Procurement Support (5%)
• Working with the Kenya team, handles field office purchases when required; receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services; tracks all PRs, for both local purchases and those requested through other offices; identify sources, collects quotes in country to share with Kenya office that will select and negotiate with the vendors and issue purchase orders.
Fleet Management Support (5%)
• Oversee and ensures engagement of transportation service for in-country travel arrangement for staff member, visitors, and consultants is in line with MSH policy and procedures for renting vehicles; create and monitor vehicle logbook of rented vehicles.
Travel and Logistics Support (5%)
• Arrange domestic and international air tickets; provides support for visa processing; provides transport and accommodations bookings; prepares invitation letter for national & international staff and STTA, local consultants, and in processing required authorizations for International Travel.
• Work with the HO Project Associate in providing administrative and logistics support for all short term consultants, serving as the liaison between MSH/Country and home office on administrative and financial matters related to these contracts.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of required administrative reports and other information as needed to the Project Directors, HO Senior/Project Officers, or corporate offices.
• Act as the security point for team and support Country Project Director with assisting in updating country security manual, engage with HO security officer and provide briefings to visitors.
• Any other duties as assigned by management and as required by the position.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Travel may be required
• Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or a similar field
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
• At least five (5) years of experience in an independent administrative and accounting position with advanced bookkeeping responsibilities.
• Experience in working with donor-funded projects and general understanding of their rules and regulations.
Job application procedure
Please submit your interest and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24 April 2019 (3 weeks)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.