Finance And Administrative Manager
Jobs at:National Pharmacy Council
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 02 2025
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Finance and Administrative Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the financial and administrative operations of the National Pharmacy Council. He/she will manage the financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting processes, oversee the day-to-day accounting and financial operations, and provide support to the National Council Board in strategic planning and decision-making. Additionally, the Finance and Administrative Manager will manage the organization's administrative operations, ensuring that policies, procedures, and systems are in place to support the smooth functioning of the Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor and manage the Council's investments and ensure that investment policies are put in place and adhered to.
• Manage the council's financial risks and resources mobilisation
• Provide financial analysis and advice the management of the Council in order to support strategic decision-making.
• Prepare or as appropriate supervise the preparation of grant applications and financial reports to funders.
• Ensure tracking petty cash, keeping appropriate records and maintaining reconciliations
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the smooth functioning of the Council's administrative operations;
• Provide a strategic orientation and guidance on all administrative matters;
• Manage and coordinate the Council's human resources management
• Ensure proper management of the council’s assets
• Manage the Council's insurance policies and ensure that the organization is adequately protected against risks;
• Monitor and implement the recommendations of the auditors;
• Record all financial transactions, grants, and donations to the Council with the appropriate applications;
• Prepare monthly financial reports, quarterly reports, annual reports, and other reports that may be required by the Permanent Secretary and Registrar;
• Proper record of expenditures and the smartest filing method using the appropriate accounting applications;
• Plan and facilitate employee’s capacity development;
• Prepare or as appropriate supervise the preparation of the invoice’s payments for signatory authorities’ approval;
• Prepare all documentation for contract issuance;
• Ensure supply chain management and any logistic activities are undertaken appropriately;
• Keep updating the procedure manual and any other Administrative and/ or financial policies;
• Perform other duties as determined by the Permanent Secretary/Registrar.
• Bachelor's degree in Management, finance, accounting, and business administration, with professional certificate of ACCA or CPA. A Master's degree in Management, finance, accounting, and business administration, with professional certificate of ACCA or CPA, is preferred;
• Proven experience of five (5) years in the finance field;
• Knowledge of financial management standards and procedures;
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and financial data reporting;
• Proficiency in financial management software and Microsoft Office;
• Knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles and regulations;
• Knowledge of Human Resources Management Principles and Practices;
• Leadership and Management skills;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Experience in managing human resources, IT, and facilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Fluent communication in Kinyarwanda, French and English;
• Time Management skills;
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Not have been blacklisted in public service
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for examinations. The date and venue shall be communicated.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you're interested in applying for this position, Click Here to submit your application.
Disclaimer: The National Pharmacy Council does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.