Jobs at:The Women's Bakery, Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Women's Bakery, Inc.
The Women’s Bakery, Inc. Overview
The Women’s Bakery (TWB) is a social enterprise that gainfully employs women and provides access to nutritious breads in East Africa. Our vision is to build a network of women powered bakeries throughout East Africa. We believe all women are inherently powerful and that when women have access to social and economic opportunity, the world benefits. For us, an empowered woman, by herself, is an outcome worth fighting for. TWB employees are a key aspect of this vision – passionate, driven, and resilient in the process of using business as a tool for social good.
The Finance Assistant(FA) will be responsible for the accounting administration and bookkeeping for all Rwanda based entities of The Women’s Bakery. She/he will report to the TWB Controller and work closely with the accounting firm, BMA Consultants.
The FA will work 20-25 hours a week. The FA will work from the Kigali Flagship Offices, with occasional travel to the bakeries in Gicumbi and Ruyenzi. During COVID-19 and in accordance with TWB’s Response Plan, virtual work from home will be required and work related travel is limited. The FA will work with the Bakery Operations, Social Impact, and Development and Communications teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Accounting Administration & Bookkeeping
• Oversee monthly/bi-monthly expenses, payroll, and taxes:
• Review and ensure on time payment of invoices and bills for all Bakery,
• LTD, Social Impact and Development and Communications expenses through requisition form and voucher completion
• Reconciliation of receipts against expenses
• Initiate payroll for all Rwanda based team members
• After training from I&M, initiate PAYE, RSSB, and VAT taxes
• Provide weekly, monthly and as-needed bank statements, receipts and invoices to BMA
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This Job Description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities,reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
• Effective communicator with team members who are learning about professional and personal finances
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google and Quickbooks
• Adept email, excel and record keeping competencies
• Experience in building financial processes and reporting
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with employees, team members, customers, and clients
• Comprehension of TWB tools and processes (training will be provided)
• Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
• Salary Range: 250,000- 400,000RWF monthly.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.