Jobs at:Gardens Health International
Deadline of this Job:
2nd July 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager is a hands-on individual who provides oversight to finance, accounting and reporting activities in Rwanda and the US. He/she leads the overall finance strategy and he has functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable/receivable, budgeting and expense procedures.
The Finance Manager ensures that GHI has systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and provide strong internal controls. He/she ensures the value for money criteria of economy, efficiency, and effectiveness. He/She will be supervising the bookkeeper and responsible for reviewing all her work for completeness/accuracy..
• Overseeing GHI’s financial operations in Rwanda and the US.
• Coordinating monthly budget requests and reporting processes in collaboration with Heads of Department and the Executive Director.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors.
• Preparing the monthly payroll for review by the Executive Director.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures across the organization.
• Ensuring the operational effectiveness of the organization’s internal controls.
• Working with the Executive Director to develop financial models for various growth scenarios.
• Contributing as needed to grant proposals and reports.
• Ensure that the monthly statutory returns –RRA, PAYE and CSR are filled and paid on a timely basis
• Overseeing preparation of materials for the interim and annual audits.
• Working with the Development Team to build out financial projections.
• Audit Support. Liaising with External auditors to ensure that GHI Audits are completed in a timely manner and audit recommendations are put in place.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Working with the Executive Director to request disbursements from the US.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least 5 years of working experience in a fast paced not for profit organization, 2 years of which must have been in a supervisory role.
• Prior experience using QuickBooks in a professional setting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel skills.
• ACCA/CPA is an added advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Commerce, or related degree - Majoring in Accounting.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send;
An application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English.
Three names of professional referees.
Current Salary and Salary Expectation.
The deadline for receiving applications is 30th June 2019.
Please mention FINANCE MANAGER as the subject of your mail to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.