Jobs at:Water For People
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overall financial management, including budgeting and monitoring of project expenditures, financial reporting, and auditing, forecasting expenditures, and maintaining and supervising project accounts, books of accounts, banking, and financial operations. He/she will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the administrative department.
Major responsibilities and duties:
• Accounting and finance
• Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets, which will allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending by proving explanations for significant variances.
• Ensure that all financial transactions and practices are consistent with USAID’s policies and regulations and in accordance with all relevant WFP’s rules and regulations.
• Work with the COP and WFP global and local staff to draft annual budgets.
• Prepare 90-day forecasts, monthly projections ,monthly cash advance requests and wire request, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
• Complete monthly financial reporting in accordance with USAID requirements, including reviewing and approving financial data in WFP’s accounting software system and submitting reports to WFP headquarter.
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded
• Manage contract budget according to federal acquisition regulations and procedures, ensuring compliance with U.S. government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR) and USAID Automated Directives System (ADS)
• Develop, implement and maintain financial policies and a system of internal control in conformance with best practices, federal regulations, and WFP’s related procedures
• Train project finance and operation personnel in program-specific financial procedures
• Develop a cash flow plan for overall programmatic and contract activities
• Oversee financial management of expenses associated with country plan allocations, contract of services, and procurement of goods
• Develop metrics for program financial success, including identifying internal control weaknesses and implementing enhanced business practices to strengthen the system of internal control
• Prepare financial monthly and quarterly reports and reconciling currency exchange as needed for monthly finance management
• Advise the COP on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
• Seeking reimbursement of VAT from Rwanda Revenue for all THRIVE-WASH Consortium members.
• Supervise the Project procurement officer, and accountant.
• Supervise project staff and consultants working on finance and administrative aspects for the project.
• Complete mid-year and annual reviews for subordinate staff.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to subordinate staff.
• Work with COP to develop a positive working environment for all staff members, and report any performance issues to the COP as soon as they occur.
• Risk and Compliance
• Implement the financial procedures and ensure compliance to accounting policies and procedures by all project staff.
• Initiate the review of foreign exchange management, review, and forecasting.
• Support the COP and Country Director with outside legal cases as needed.
• Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
• Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Manages through Ambiguity – Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
• Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – Able to engage a wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• Action-oriented – Maintains an attitude of open, curious and proactive learning, continually expanding own area of understanding and expertise.
• Connects with Others – Listens and fosters open communication through questioning, dialogue, and information sharing.
• Self-confident – Demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Master or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent, with accounting qualification CPA/ACCA.
• At least 7 years of experience and accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years in an international development organization. Experience in USAID organization , non-profit experience and profit experience would be an added value.
• Three (3) years of audit experience would be an added advantage.
• Experience managing a finance/accounting team as well as other business functions such as HR, Legal, etc.
• Experience in strategic business planning and execution, contracting, and negotiation.
• Ability to analyze financial date and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Advanced computer proficiencies with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, pivot tables,Power Point, and Outlook.
• Knowledgeable in at least one accounting and forecasting software.
• Knowledge of national financial regulations.
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• English and Kinyarwanda proficiency.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Common sense to make judgments about a situation requiring deviations from routine tasks.
• Self-starter and ability to undertake tasks without intensive supervision.
• Sound ethical principles, integrity, and transparency.
• Ability manage multiple tasks and projects with multiple priorities.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team effort.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with an application letter along with detailed curriculum vitae (resume), relevant academic documents, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to this position. Please submit your application materials in English. In-person visits or phone calls are not allowed!
Applications need to be received no later than 15 September 2021 at 5:00 pm (Rwanda time).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.