Finance Officer for UPG Program
Jobs at:Better World Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Better World is a Community-Focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in Rwamagana, Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 10,000 people of 3 Sectors.
Better World Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the role of Finance Officer.
Purpose of the position:
This position is seen as key staff in the administration and the finance responsible for ensuring budgeting processes, auditing, planning, monitoring in all aspects of finance and even for UPG program sponsored by KOICA which is Korean oversee development supporting organization.
• Maintain and regularly update essential files and reports for UPG Project and Better World’s general administrations and finance. Deliver on a monthly basis, timely, accurate, and complete reviewed set financial records and supporting documents for the partners and/or office assigned.
• Maintain accuracy of all accounting information and documentation for the team including internal procedures (recruitment, procurement, etc.). Ensure proper filing is done and checking that all relevant documentation is archived according to internal practice.
• Budget monitoring and achieving external/internal/RRA financial reports and audits.
• Follow up on the approval and payment vouchers for UPG project and its beneficiaries.
• Follow up with the partners and/or office’s accountants on the implementation of the internal controls recommendations until resolved (monthly checks, internal and external audits, internal reviews, etc.) Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports as per Betterworld/Donor set out deadlines.
• Take up any other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager and Country Director of Better World
• Do which are mentioned that must do in Personnel Policy and contracts.
• Holder of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, finance, or related field from a recognized University
• Any professional qualification in financial management and accounting.
• Have demonstrated a high understanding of finance and accounting matters preferably within the not-for-profit sector
• At least 4 years’ experience in working in the field of finance and NGO’s office for projects.
• Experience of KOCIA Project in any NGO in Rwanda.
• Experience working with local government authorities
• Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues within and from different organizations and cultures of, especially, Korean.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Strong accounting knowledge and operating capacity. Experience in financial bookkeeping within the local context
• Strong budget management skills; financial internal controls; source documentation verification; preparation of payment vouchers; and procurement processes
• Ability to perform detailed work, frequently of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively, and accurately
• Ability to priorities workload and deal with multiple requests and work activities at any given time.
• Ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Ability to liaise with line manager to ensure the effective management of workload.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Korean if it is possible.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees.
The deadline: November 12, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.