Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 24 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The finance officer position will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donor’s rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, the finance officer will help coordinate daily financial activities through the duties outlined below.
Key Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Provide operational oversight function on cash/bank transactions in the finance unit
• Ensure accuracy of all data required for processing financial transactions to right charts of accounts into the ERP system (SBI CLOUD).
• Follow up and review all project-related travel requests and liquidations in line with travel policy.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis for review by the Finance manager timely.
• Monitor balances in account receivables and payables, prepare reports on material exceptions to policies or identify long outstanding ones for corrective actions.
• Ensure that all statutory deductions such as Withholding Tax (WHT) are promptly remitted to the relevant statutory authority monthly
• Assist in conducting training on financial matters for the project team when necessary.
• Support the preparation of monthly and end-of-project financial reports and update notes and ICP forms into the FCCS system.
• Support Finance Manager to ensure high standard of financial stewardship in both country office and field offices
• Assisting Finance manager in maintaining books, accounts and other financial records for third part reconciliation and inter company reconciliation.
• Reviewing the correctness and adequate of accounting documents before making payments
• Preparing all payments, cash withdrawal by bank and clearing advances
• Undertaking all transactions at bank (preparing transfers, receiving bank debit and credit advice, bank statement every month or where required)
• Coordinating with cashier to record all receipt vouchers, payments paid in cash to the ledger.
• Preparing donor reports and make sure to be delivered within deadline.
• Performing cost allocation of accounts to put into vouchers
• Posting into the ERP system on daily basis.
• Prepare donor proposal and budgets and submit them timely
• Ensuring accounting documents/files for audit
• Preparing fund request for field office
• Dealing with customers include bank, visitor, consultant and staff on finance and accounting when required
• Perform Any other duties as assigned by the line supervisor
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
• Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, Professional Accounting qualification from any recognized institute and Master’s would be an advantage.
• Having any other professional degree on finance or accounting will add advantage.
• Minimum 2 years work experience in the relevant field.
• Working for any other international or local NGO will also add advantage
• Strong fluency with excel formulas and functions.
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills
• Principles of budgetary administration
• Financial control and monitoring
• Principles and practices of cash flow analysis and cost accounting.
• Financial, statistical and comparative analysis and formulas.
• Financial planning, forecasting, organizing, teamwork and collaboration.
• Experience and knowledge of reporting procedures, program accountability best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• Ability to work well in a team and with various partner organizations
• Ability to use a computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
• Willing to be able to travel within the working areas of Huye, Nyanza and other areas as required.
• High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material;
• Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
• Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Application deadline is 24st July 2023
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.