Finance and Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:Kilimo Trust
Deadline of this Job:
29 June 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Job Grade: KT 5
Unit of Service: Finance, Human Resource, and Administration
Reports To: Finance Manager
Employment Category: 3 Year Contract
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure preparation of proper, accurate, and timely financial records necessary for enhancing decision making at Kilimo Trust and managing the general administration function for the Country Office. .
Finance & Accounting
• Preparation of project budgets in consultations with the technical team, adherence to all donor’s financial management guidelines, financial reporting to the donor on a quarterly basis, and preparations for institutional and project audits.
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations on the 3rd day of the subsequent month.
• Preparation of monthly reconciliation of all supplier and service provider records by the 5th of every new month.
• Preparation of accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual Kilimo Trust financial reports by 7th following the end of the period.
• Prepare project monthly financial reports to the funders as per the relevant grant agreements by not later than 5th following the end of the month.
• Prepare draft annual financial statements and support internal and external audit processes.
• Ensure timely invoicing, collection of debts, and depositing of cash.
• Prepare, process, and submit tax and other statutory payments and returns on time.
• Properly check all payments to Service Providers and staff in line with the laid down procedures of the Trust.
• Prepare and maintain payrolls and ensure salaries and statutory deductions are paid on time and entries made into the accounting system.
Maintain Petty Cash Float
• Review travel advance requisitions, expense claims, and travel accountabilities submitted by staff.
• Ensure that travel accountability are fully checked and forwarded for authorization within three (3) days of receipt
• Preparation of journals for approval by the Finance Manager
• Ensure adherence to Kilimo Trust internal controls and laid down procedure.
• Prepare invoices to service customers and ensure they are received on a timely basis
• Management and updating of the Trust asset register monthly.
• Effectively supervise the staff under your unit by making them accountable and ensuring they deliver quality and timely results.
Front Office management
• Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence (Service Providers, Administration and Projects)
• Respond to public inquiries
• Enhance the corporate image of Kilimo Trust through proper organization of the front office desk and office surroundings.
• Coordinating travel logistics for staff
• Coordinate the procurement of goods and services while ensuring value for money
• Prepare correspondences, memos to staff in relation to the office operations.
• Prepare budgets for administration related activities and assist in monitoring it to ensure no over-expenditures
• Responsible for organizing events and making relevant logistical arrangements
Basic IT Support
• Responsible for receiving all IT related issues and forwarding them to the respective Service Providers
• Maintain a database of all IT problems and ensure they are successfully completed/ solved and closed in time by the Service Provider.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required
• A graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or other relevant disciplines
• A professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA. is a Must
• A minimum of three years’ experience in an Accounting, Finance or Audit environment
• Ability to Speak and write English, French, and Kinyarwanda very well
• Must have scored the equivalent of B in Mathematics at O’Level.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Note: Please send all documents in one document by using the https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=31794 button below
Address all applications to The Human Resource & Administration Manager, Kilimo Trust.
Deadline for application: Monday, June 29, 2020,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.