Jobs at:New Forests Company
Deadline of this Job:
12th November 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Position: Financial Controller- Six Months Contract
The New Forests Company is a sustainable forestry company with operations in Rwanda, Uganda, and Tanzania as well as a Group Office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our mission is to become the premier Pan-African, vertically integrated, socially responsible, sustainable timber company, sharing the value we create with our shareholders, employees, customers, and neighboring communities. We are an agent of change through responsible forestry, timber processing, profitability, employment, conservation, and community development. Where necessary, we challenge the status quo and established business models, redefine the role of companies as drivers of economic growth in Africa.
See more at www.newforests.net.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, dedicated, hardworking, intelligent, results-oriented, energetic, honest, and passionate, with strong people management skills. This position will be based in the Nyungwe buffer zone. .
Key Result Areas and accountabilities:
Financial Accounting and Reporting Responsibilities:
• Effective accounting for all company transactions
• Prepare a weekly cash flow forecast (for the financial year) and submit to group by Monday lunchtime
• Submission of monthly management reporting packs, which includes detailed business analysis and appropriate non-financial information by the 4th business day of month-end. Ensuring that appropriate commentary/explanation is attached to the submissions.
• Quarterly submission of accounts and mapping to Group to prepare quarterly financials
• Preparing Company Annual Financial Statements, managing the annual audit and ensuring a clean audit opinion.
• Provide accounting and reporting services appropriate to the needs of all elements of the business to enable effective decision making.
• Accountable for the Rwandan budgeting process
Operational and Financial control
• Develop and implement a robust internal financial control framework that will deliver appropriate and accurate reports to support the analysis of management information.
• Maintain a discipline of budgetary control and cost efficiency in line with business plans through effective procedures and policies
• Coach line managers and business heads on remedial actions and financial decision making
• Manage all expenditure and personally oversee authorization of such and that money is being spent wisely
• Effectively manage the day-to-day working capital of the company
• Manage all relationships with financial institutions
• Oversee collections and management of the Letters of Credit process
• Manage all payments and related relationship with suppliers
Finance quality control:
• Maintain and manage the implementation of accounting policies and procedures
• Monitor and review all reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution to management
• Ensure integrity of financial statements and monthly reporting.
• Satisfy the requirements of the Group Audit Committee members with regards to the Rwandan control systems and financial reporting.
• Support the business with technical accounting issues and ensuring that the Group’s accounting policies are complied with and correctly applied across the Group.
• Tax compliance and tax return submissions
• Management and submission of all company secretarial records
• Ensure that all other statutory returns and records are kept up to date
• Managing, motivating and building a high-performance finance team.
• Build capacity in the Finance Team through effective recruitment, coaching, mentoring, leadership and training.
• Performance management of the finance team
• Engage with finance colleagues across the territories to acquire and share knowledge in order to build a stronger financial unit as a whole.
• Train the team to ensure that they provide a true business partnering/added value service to the business
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in finance positions preferably within the forestry/agriculture/ manufacturing sector.
• MBA in Accounting & Finance with a professional qualification such as CPA. ACCA is an advantage.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
• Remuneration and Benefits: dependent on qualifications, experience, and skills of the candidate
Job Education Requirements: MBA in Accounting & Finance
Job Experience Requirements: 5-7 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Desired Start Date: 06th of January 2020
Application closing date: 12th of November 2019
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.