Jobs at:Ultimate Developers ltd (UDL)
Deadline of this Job:
05th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UDL is a private real estate development company leading the way in changing the landscape of Rwanda through its residential and commercial development projects. Ultimate Developers Ltd. would like to recruit a Financial Controller who will work under the overall supervision of the Chief Executive Officer. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose: Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Financial Controller will be responsible of the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing budgeting and accounting functions;
• The Financial Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• Responsible for setting and checking financial forecasts and targets while monitoring the performance of each department within the company in line with their set budgets.
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures. Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met including Withholding Tax Payments, Corporate Income Tax Payments, PAYE etc.
• Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved
• Oversee the sales and marketing activities of the Company;
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts, and manage cash flow;
• Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure;
• Assist the Chief Executive Officer with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and Shareholder Meetings and provide advice to support the financial strategy decision-making process;
• To make arrangement for the payment of the dividend within the prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the Companies Law;
• Any other duty as prescribed by the Chief Executive officer.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
• Well-developed interpersonal aptitude
• Excellent organizational abilities
• Effective problem-solver
• Collaborative attitude
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making
• Be of proven moral integrity
• Show a sense of responsibility and initiative (proactive)
• The candidate should be a qualified professional accountant (CPA, ACCA or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting institute);
• Having a Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics or related subject is an added advantage;
• The candidate should have at least 5 (five) years of post-professional qualification (after qualifying as a professional accountant) experience in auditing or financial management at a senior level;
• Familiarity with private-sector financial management would be a distinct advantage;
• Proficiency in both written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English languages is necessary; working knowledge of French is an asset;
• Possess proven experience with financial and budgetary management software such as SAP Business One;
• Computer literate with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree in accounting
Job Experience Requirements: 5 (five) years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters to the offices of UDL reception on the 9th Floor of RSSB Tower II building or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5: 00 pm on 05th December 2019.
The application letter should be accompanied by a copy of the required degree, professional certificate, detailed Curriculum Vitae, Identification card/passport and other relevant documentation related to the required experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ultimate Developers Ltd
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.