Financial Manager Of The Program
Jobs at:Federation Handicap International (Hi)
Deadline of this Job:
09 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Regional Financial Manager, the Financial Manager of the program is responsible for leading the financial teams, compliance with the standards of the organization and local rules in the financial field, strategy and financial management, and finally operational financial management within its scope.
Missions / responsibilities
Mission 1: Management
Reference document: https://hinside.hi.org/intranet/jcms/prod_2209931/fr/les-missions-du-manager-version-2021-fr
• Exemplary Manager: embodies HI’s values on a daily basis, and is a role model.
• Meaningful Manager: understands the strategy, explains it, translates it into operational objectives for his team, leads the necessary changes. Gives meaning to each act of management. In this context, stimulates exchanges of practice between and within departments. Encourages innovation and risk taking.
• Manager Manager: organizes the operational management of his team, structures the work around identified processes, manages performance, and facilitates problem solving.
• 1st HR Manager & Coach: contributes to the development of its employees, by creating the conditions to enable their commitment, their professionalization and their attachment to HI. Ensures compliance with the code of conduct of institutional policies, the state of mind and expected individual and collective behaviors.
Mission 2: Strategy and management
• Contributes to writing, reviewing and implementing the financial part of the operational strategy (STRATOP) within its scope in compliance with HI’s finance policies.
• Manages the declination of the financial strategy into action plans and advises on financial issues.
• Produces, compiles and analyzes financial indicators and if necessary creates additional indicators.
• Is in charge of the assessment, mitigation and treatment of financial risks. Ensures the reporting and processing of financial incidents to its hierarchical and functional lines.
• Manages HI’s representation activities externally on financial aspects, participates in inter-NGO working groups and ensures the development of partnerships within its scope.
• Leads the financial capacity assessment of local partners and the resulting capacity building plans.
Mission 3 : Standards and expertise
• Leads the deployment and monitors compliance with all of HI’s policies, processes and financial tools within its scope and, if necessary, develops specific financial tools under the control of its hierarchical and functional lines.
• Manages and monitors HI’s compliance with the legal framework of the country or countries of intervention and the existence of a watch on the evolution of standards, case law and practices of other actors in the financial field.
• Ensures the production and filing of financial documents ensuring the legality of HI’s exercise in the country or countries of intervention.
• Ensures compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Ensures the implementation and compliance with procedures for archiving financial documents and the publication and updating of financial documents on dedicated spaces.
• Manages internal control on its scope as well as corrective actions if necessary.
Mission 4 : Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Ensures financial and budgetary management
• Supervises the preparation of budgets and controls the optimization of the use of HI funds within its scope.
• Ensures the reliability and updating of financial information and coordinates the process of reporting and compiling financial information in accordance with the deadlines of the financial calendar.
• Produces the summary notes necessary for financial management and identifies risks. Support budget managers in their financial management.
• Analyzes the financial elements of the partnership agreements and checks the accuracy and compliance of the partner’s accounting and documentation before payment.
Responsibility 2: Ensure accounting management
• Is the privileged interlocutor on accounting issues.
• Ensures the reliability and updating of accounting information and coordinates the process of reporting and compiling accounting information in accordance with the deadlines of the financial calendar.
• Pilots the development of all accounting processing under his responsibility by guaranteeing compliance with the accounting reference framework (procedures, tools), their transcription into the accounting Information System (IS).
• Consolidates, controls and validates all accounts closing entries and documents (monthly and annual), in particular bank reconciliations, justification of third-party accounts, monitoring of fixed assets.
• Ensures the fulfillment of requests for exemption from Value Added Tax (VAT) and checks the declarations transmitted to the authorities.
• Represents HI externally with the Statutory Auditors and/or the authorities in charge of accounting and tax issues.
• Ensures the implementation and compliance with the procedure for archiving supporting documents, in particular by ensuring the quality of the supporting documents on paper and digital, and by transmitting the supporting documents (paper and digital format) to their places final storage.
• Provides supporting documents requested by internal and external auditors.
Responsibility 3: Ensures the management of funding, in compliance with “donor” standards and contractual obligations
• Leads the development of funding proposals for donors and funding plans:
• Supervises and supports the development of funding proposals and optimizes funding plans (coverage of structural and support costs), compiles and coordinates multi-program proposals when the program is lead.
• Examines, alerts, or even negotiates the conditions of financing contracts before they are signed (schedule and terms of payments and financial reports, methods of justifying expenses, exchange rates, audit, etc.). Ensures that these obligations are realistic and compatible with HI procedures.
• Controls the follow-up of the expenses of the financing and provides them to the budget holders. Monitors the correct consumption rates, alerts in the event of risk or non-compliance with flexibility rules and anticipates abuses by preparing contractual amendments with its interlocutors.
• Supervises and coordinates the production and quality of financial reports for donors by checking compliance with the donor reference system.
• Ensures that donor payments or reminder requests are made and that line and functional managers are informed in the event of delays.
• Ensures the transcription into the Finance IS of information related to donor contracts: donor budgets, entry of analytical and budgetary modifications, schedule, reports, etc.
• Coordinates responses to requests from internal and external auditors and guarantees the successful completion of audits, by defining corrective actions to be implemented.
Responsibility 4: Ensures the maintenance of cash
• Is the privileged interlocutor on the questions of treasury.
• Instructs, formalizes and optimizes requests for funds in order to ensure the availability of cash in cash registers and bank accounts to meet the financial needs of the mission. Assists project managers in defining their cash requirements.
• Ensures the supply of cash registers, contributes to bank reconciliation operations, carries out inventories of cash registers/safes for closings (monthly and annual).
• Provides documents relating to cash management, requested by internal and external auditors and documents to meet banking compliance requirements within its scope.
• Evaluates and makes available means of payment adapted to the needs of the mission and guarantees compliance with the payment rules according to the defined thresholds.
• Is responsible for the security and conservation procedure for funds, in particular the security thresholds, and proposes adaptations to the context if necessary.
• Ensures the fulfillment of requests to open or close bank accounts in the name of the organization according to operational needs as well as the updating of bank signatories.
• Identifies foreign exchange risks and implements measures to mitigate these risks.
Responsibility 5: Animation of the profession
• Sets up and monitors the elements of its business within its scope: dissemination, use or even contribution to the revision of standards, monitoring of recommendations for the improvement of team skills, etc.
• Coordinates the business animation on its perimeter, ensures the establishment of a team spirit, the inclusion of each one by his regular contribution, in particular through the exchanges of practices.
• Ensures the animation of a pool of local talent.
Mission 5 : Emergency Preparedness and Response
• Leads emergency preparedness actions in his department and, in the event of an emergency, reorganizes his team’s priorities according to the humanitarian imperative, in order to ensure a rapid and effective response from HI
• Master’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, and other related fields.
• 5 years of experience in the financial field
• Project funding management
• 2 years of experience in managing funding from various donors (USAID, UNICEF, GGMOFFA, Consortium.)
• Experience in team management Objectives and content of transformation projects (simplification, change management, manager 2.0)
• Minimum 4 years of experience in the financial field in international organizations
• Finance experience in a humanitarian environment.
• Ability in financial and budget management
• Donor Financial Management Capacity
• Facilitation capacity and/or design of training and skills development systems
• Sourcing and recruitment capability
• Capacity in Risk Management
• Good ability to produce and analyze financial reports
• Good ability to set up budgets and their analyzes
• Good ability to train partners and other actors in its field
• Accounting, tax and financial skills
• Fluency in French, English and Kinyarwanda
• Cash management & general and analytical accounting
• Ability to carry change
• Capacity for analysis, synthesis and writing
• Animation and team mobilization
• Mastery of Excel
• Knowledge of Navision software is a plus
• Internal control expert
• Fluency in French and English is an essential requirement.
• Experience in a management position would be a plus
• Knowledge of the English language would be a plus.
Personal qualities :
• The sense of responsibility
• great personality
• Exchanges and sharing of ideas and experiences
• Ability to work in a team and involve stakeholders and partners
• Sense of priorities and organization
• Total discretion regarding the activities of the organization and its members, outside the professional framework.
• Total discretion vis-à-vis other employees on the various confidential information of which it is aware (budgets, salaries, allowances, contracts, etc.).
• Absolute sobriety during working hours.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
The application file (minimum 3 pages) must consist of a cover letter addressed to the Country Director of Handicap International Federation in Rwanda, accompanied by the contact details of 3 professional references in relation to this position , certificates of services rendered , a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copy of diploma .
Complete applications must be submitted no later than October 09, 2022 at midnight sent to the following email: email@example.com with subject: MANFIN-HI-202209
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.