Head of Finance
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, August 18 2023
Date Posted: Friday, July 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, and Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
• BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
Smooth and efficient management of the Finance & Accounts Department in the Country. Lead the country finance team to ensure adequate financial controls are in place at all levels, advise the Chief executive Officer on various investments and fiscal matters and ensure preparation and timely submission of different financial reports adhering to local and international accounting standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee accounts and Finance Management for all operations in BRAC Country Operation including consolidation, ensure full cost recovery budgets are prepared.
• Lead the Finance & Accounts team and work closely with other departments.
• Apply analytical procedures and ratio analyses; perform tax, audit and MIS-related functions.
• Manage country treasury in an effective and efficient manner, analyze the country scenario, and manage investments.
• Advise and suggest to the CEO on accounting concepts and treatment; responsible for producing budget variances for every program.
• Maintain liaison with lenders and donors and work with external/ internal auditors to ensure clean reporting.
• Transmission of monthly accounts to BRAC International, Head Office; dealing with payroll related issues, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, lender and donor reporting.
• Coordinate with the Manager- BRAC International to improve the quality of Country Finance personnel and work on the capacity development of field accountants.
• Work closely with Head of Finance, BRAC International on Finance & Accounting related issues.
• Attend to special projects delegated by the Director Finance BRAC International
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so.
Key performance indicators
• No major financial issues from External / Internal Auditor; appraisal from donor and government authority;
• Smooth financial management in assigned countries.
• Holding capacity-building workshops for local accountants
• On-time delivery of lender and Donor reports
• Minimize cash shortages in all branches to improve the cash management system and minimize fraud.
• Safeguarding of BRAC property & assets
• Proper investment of funds and ensuring sustainability
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• Knowledge on IAS/IFRS, Accounting, Budgeting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT, Fiscal laws and their application
• In depth knowledge of international standards on Auditing and Finance
• Should be sincere, polite, dynamic, hardworking and willing to work under pressure
• Should have good communication and presentation skill in English
• Sound knowledge on Computer Literacy.
Specific educational qualification
Masters / MBA, (Finance, Accounts or related field) Degree Concentration in Accounting/Finance with professional qualifications in CPA/CA/ACCA
Experience (Including sector/industry):
At least 5-8 years of managerial experience in Finance & Accounts in national or international organization, preferably in an international NGO, 3/5 years’ experience of independently leading a Finance/ audit team.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly
• Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational and professional qualifications, years of experience, and notarized scan copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: email@example.com , Application deadline is 18th August 2023
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called for written test and interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.