Internal Audit Specialist
Jobs at:National Fund for Environment (FONERWA).
Deadline of this Job:
11 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, February 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Audit Specialist
Administrative Unit: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Job Level and Grade: 3.II
Report to: Projects Internal Audit Analyst
Responsible for :
Manage the Annual Internal Audit Plan for the Fund
• Prepare annual audit plan.
• Consults the Fund departments/units for collecting information regarding their annual activities.
• Identify and evaluate the Fund risks in all auditable areas and prepares a risk based audit plan.
• Designs the audit plan with clear timing.
• Ensures that the annual audit plan is approved by the Audit Committee and submitted to MINECOFIN
• Carrying out financial review (Monthly and quarterly)
• Conduct quality review of financial statement by carrying out audits that evaluate the controls over revenues, expenditures, assets and reliabilities designed to optimize the efficient use of resources and effectiveness of operations.
• Put much emphasis on the appropriateness of accounting records and reliability of financial reporting.
• Reviews all payment done during the period under review for example monthly, quarterly, etc.
• Provides findings to the department/units under audit.
• Provides final reports to the Chief Executive Officer and Audit Committee
• Gives advice on the appropriateness of accounting records and financial reporting,
• Where appropriate, assess any allegations of wrongdoing or breaches of government standards of conduct.
Carrying out annual systems audits
• Assess whether current controls are adequate to identify risk and provide assurance on adequacy and effectiveness of risk management practices.
• Helps management to improve efficiency and to ensure that governance, risk management and internal control systems are operating efficiently and effectively.
Review the existing and new information systems to assess the quality of controls and the relevance and reliability of system output.
Carrying out compliance audits
• Examines adherence to any policy, contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements.
Providing advisory services
• Participates in significant initiatives and priorities and providing solutions to financial and other internal controls issues.
• Safeguards his/her objectivity and ensure he/she is not playing management roles.
• Following up audit recommendations
o Reviews management responses to internal audit, Office of the Audit General and other external audit recommendations.
• Prepare a monitoring reports including status of implementation of recommendations and corrective action plan (quarterly).
• Preparing consolidate Quarterly Internal Audit Report (QIAR)
o Summarizes Internal Audit activities in a consolidated report to be submitted to the Audit Committee and fund management.
o Copies to the Head of audit Committee , Chief Executive Officer and to the office of Government Chief Internal Auditor (GCIA).
Represents internal audit in committee meetings
Job Specifications/Profile Relevant Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Finance, Accounting Commerce (with an option of Finance or Accounting) or Business Administration (with an option of Finance or Accounting).
Having Bachelor’s degree in aforementioned domains with an auditing professional qualification recognized by the Institute of Internal Auditors-Rwanda: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), Certified Financial Services Auditor CFSA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certification in Internal Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), or Qualification in internal Audit Leadership (QIAL) is an added advantage.
OR Master’s degree in any of the aforementioned domains.
At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience as an auditor (internal or external auditor), financial controller, or organization risk management for Bachelor’s degree holders in a reputable organization preferable an audit firm OR a Masters degree with 2 years of relevant working experience.">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates, proven working experience and one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position you are applying for. Please note that all applicants must apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of application is 9h March 2023 at 5:00 PM Central Africa Time.
For more information about the Fund, visit http://www.greenfund.rw/ for any enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Done at Kigali, on 14th February 2023.
Teddy MUGABO MPINGANZIMA
Chief Executive Officer
National Fund for Environment – FONERWA
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.