Jobs at:Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The RAHPC intends to hire an Internal Auditor who will be working on a part-time basis to support the Council’s financial systems and assist the Registrar in the verification of monthly financial statements. He will work in close contact with the Finance team, the Procurement team, the Administration and Human Resource Team, and the Registrar. The Internal Auditor will be administratively reported to the registrar of RAHPC and will be accountable to the RAHPC Board of Directors. .
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job title: Internal Auditor(Part-time)
Reporting to: Registrar/ Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
Office location Kigali, Rugando
1. Scope of Work
The RAHPC intends to hire an Internal Auditor who will be working on a part-time basis to support the Council’s financial systems and assist the Registrar in the verification of monthly financial statements. He will work in close contact with the Finance team, the Procurement team, the Administration and Human Resource Team, and the Registrar. The Internal Auditor will be administratively reported to the registrar of RAHPC and will be accountable to the RAHPC Board of Directors.
The main duties of the Internal Auditor will comprise, but not necessarily be limited to:
• Develop and manage a flexible annual audit plan using the appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Registrar for review, and for the Board of Directors for review and approval.
• Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or the council requested by management and the Board; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
• Determine whether the risk management, control, and governance processes within RAHPC, as designed and represented by management, are adequate and functioning at RAHPC.
• Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and risk management processes in RAHPC.
• Undertake financial, operational, administrative and information technology audits for RAHPC.
• Undertake a review of systems of internal controls maintained by the council to safeguard financial and physical assets and making recommendations to correct any weaknesses.
• Provide advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
• Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls.
• Liaise with the external auditor as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage of the council.
• Review and advise management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the RAHPC, including potential improvements to those processes.
• Undertake such other activities deemed to be in conformity with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards and or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR) for the professional practice of internal auditing and accounting.
• Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required by the Board and/ or management in case the fraudulent activity is suspected.
• Carry out value for money audits to ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, deployed effectively, and adequately protected; in achieving plans and objectives in operations, programs, and program support.
• Follow up on the implementation of external audit recommendations.
• Follow up on the implementation of internal audit recommendations and continuous monitoring of the control environment.
• Prepare reports to the Board of Directors’.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The Internal Auditor will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
• Must have completed any of an internationally recognized Professional Accounting Qualifications such as (CIA, CPA, ACCA, and CQA) or its equivalent.
• Membership with the Institute of Internal Auditors or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR).
• Knowledge of accounting packages such as QuickBooks etc.
• Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
• Working Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) would be an added advantage.
3. Other skills required
• Ability to implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviors, and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
• Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, database, spreadsheets, accounting packages, email, internet, and the workflow process
• Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural, and gender differences
• Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
• Risk management and audit processes.
• General fraud prevention strategies.
• Problem solving and analysis.
• Computer literacy.
• Team player.
• Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind.
• Attention to detail.
• Initiative and self-drive for high-quality performance.
4. Experience Required
Five (5) years relevant experience in auditing of which at least two (2) years must have been in the Internal and Risk Auditing position.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Application letter addressed to the Registrar of the council
• Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees indicating work experience
• Copies of Academic Papers
• Copy Professional certification
• Copy of ID
The application shall be addressed to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of all applications is fixed on the 1st October 2020 before 05:00 PM.
GASHEREBEKA Jean Damascene
Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.