Jobs at:Ampersand Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Junior Accountant will support the maintenance of the company’s financial records and processes, and be responsible for bookkeeping and tax compliance in Rwanda. As a young and fast-moving company, we need someone who is both comfortable meeting challenges head-on today and creating new systems and processes for the future, building up the AmperFam to be the best team on the planet.
Duties of the role:
• This role will report directly to the Chief Accountant, your objectives will include the following:
• Record transactions in the accounting system and ensure accuracy and completeness of relevant documentation
• Perform reconciliations for bank & cash balances; debtors; suppliers; inventory and control accounts.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual tax declarations, including payroll, operating, and business taxes before due date
• Maintaining accurate and timely records regarding invoices from and payments to suppliers and processing those payments
• Raising of sales invoices & EBM receipts
• Processing approved cash and bank transactions; oversight of petty cash/MoMo transactions
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Ensuring proper custody of accounting records and documents
• Assist in financial controls (including end-of-day, end-of-month procedures) that are aimed to ensure the integrity of financial data capture and aid in the process for regular reconciliations.
• Support external audits as required
• Perform ad hoc projects or tasks as requested by Chief Accountant, or CFO.
• Ampersand is a good fit if:
• You are ready to support people in a high growth company
• You have a meticulous attention to detail
• You are self-motivated and a quick learner
• You are motivated by seeing your teammates grow and develop
• You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
• You value diversity and community in the workplace
• A strong work ethic, and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
• CPA/ACA or equivalent highly desirable; will consider candidates at Intermediate level of CPA/ACCA qualification
• Minimum of 2 years in financial accounting roles with demonstrable increasing responsibility
• Knowledge and competence in accounting principles (e.g., IFRS)
• Outstanding analytical and time management skills
• Knowledge of local financial and tax regulations, and accounting processes
• Proficient in MS Excel, and good MS Office skills in general (e.g., Word and PowerPoint)
• Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing; Professional fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
• Sound interpersonal skills; ability to relate with team members at all levels of the company
• Experience with Xero and Dear Inventory a plus, but not required
• Must be authorized to work in Rwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link: https://ampersandelectricmobility.teamtailor.com/jobs/1313591-junior-accountant
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.