Knowledge and Grants Coordinator
Jobs at:BRAC International
Deadline of this Job:
24 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Knowledge and Grants Coordinator
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organization with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch of the programme, BRAC RWANDA is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position.
Job location: BRAC Rwanda
Report to: Program Manager
Reporting to the Programme Manager BRAC Rwanda, Knowledge and Grant Coordinator will be in charge of ensuring effective implementation of the flagship programme under the Mastercard Foundation-BRAC International partnership in BRAC Rwanda. A successful candidate will support the Programme Manager to manage, implement and oversee the roll-out of planned activities at the community level to ensure growth and quality objectives. This will involve planning, monitoring, supervision and execution of all project activities, including training, community mobilization, procurement and distribution of inputs to programme participants, linkage activities, and stakeholder engagement. The role will also help strengthen the supervision framework for field staff and ensure staff deliver planned activities on time and budget.
Key Duties/Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Oversee programme implementation & monitoring
• Coordinate with programme staff to ensure timely implementation of monthly, quarterly and yearly activity plans as per programme design and budget.
• Support Regional Managers, Area Managers, Branch Managers/Coordinators and Programme Assistants to ensure timely project rollouts, including assisting with planning and management of the delivery of activities, trainings and procurement
• Provide support to strengthen supervision framework to ensure quality programme delivery.
• Ensure internal monitoring within the programme to assess the quality of service delivery, data collection and integrity and documentation in branch offices
• Manage and strengthen MIS, program/management data collection and reporting
• Provide support to troubleshoot operational issues as they arise
• Conduct monitor visits to branch offices as required
• Manage recruitment and staff training
• Lead recruitment of field staff and ensure staff onboarding, orientation and training
• Support Branch Coordinators and programme Assistants to organize and conduct all trainings as per training modules, schedules and budget
• Manage capacity development of programme staff, identify capacity gaps and regularly communicate operational issues to the Programme Manager
• Support procurement and budget control
• Establish guidelines for procurement and oversee the procurement of assets/inputs and ensure fulfillment of financial and procurement protocols
• Provide coordination and communication support
• Conduct monthly meetings with Regional Managers, Area Managers, and Branch Managers and programme Assistants and proactively report any observation that may affect programme implementation to senior management for follow up and guidance.
• Consolidate the monthly, quarterly and yearly project progress reports flagging any critical issue to programme Manager
• Conduct weekly field visits and regular learning meetings and guide field teams accordingly
• Coordinate with Technical Specialists, Operational Supervisors and Monitors
• Build and maintain relationships with the key national level stakeholders
• Safeguarding Responsibilities
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
• Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Sociology/Operations Management/Agriculture/International Development/Economics/Development Studies or related field
• Six or more years of experience managing field operations and large field teams
• Previous experience working with ultra-poor and marginalized communities to implement integrated development programs including microfinance, graduation, livelihood, agricultural and food security, and/or girl’s and women’s empowerment programs
• Prior experience in facilitating trainings, orientation and onboarding for field staff and consultants
• Experienced in working with partner NGOs and in establishing effective linkages with different input/service providers, government agencies and other stakeholders
Required skills and Abilities:
• Ability to travel frequently within Rwanda to BRAC International countries as needed
• Exceptional interpersonal, management and communication skills
• Proven ability to perform under pressure and prioritize with multiple competing demands.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is a must
• Familiarity with BRAC’s work and/or experience working on poverty reduction program
• Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budget and financial grant reports
• Know to validate, record and store knowledge in useable, structured and digital format.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Development Studies At least 5 years of experience in the development sector, preferably in microfinance.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the development sector, preferably in microfinance
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized scan copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: email@example.com ,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.