LTSS Senior Accountant
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR)
Deadline of this Job:
27th March 2019
Date Posted: 18th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 500000 , Minimum: 350000 , Maximum: 1500000 , Period: MONTH
Advertisement for “Ejo Heza” Long term saving Scheme Senior Accountant
About Access to Finance Rwanda
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan Not for Profit Organization, established in March 2010 by the governments of Rwanda and the United Kingdom (UK) and is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), MasterCard Foundation, USAID and Sweden. Guided by the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach, AFR’s strategic focus is to stimulate financial sector development and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population (for more details visit our website: www.afr.rw).
About the EjoHeza Long term Savings Scheme) Project
Barely 0.5 million salaried private and public sector workers, who form less than 6 percent of the Rwandan workforce, are saving with the Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB) for their retirement. The remaining majority workforce, including those in the agricultural sector, workers in small and micro enterprises, daily wage earners, domestic help, self-employed professionals and other informal sector non-salaried workers more generally are excluded from the Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB) pension program and hence face a significant risk of old age poverty.
In collaboration with Access to Finance Rwanda, the Government of Rwanda launched a new, universal pension scheme for all Rwandan citizens “Ejo Heza Long Term Saving Scheme”. Through the Scheme, the Government aims to provide each Rwandan citizen an equal right and opportunity to accumulate savings for his or her own old age in order to achieve a financially secure and dignified retirement.
EjoHeza Long term Savings Scheme is currently administered by RSSB and it works with a diverse range of intermediaries spread across all Districts of Rwanda such as bank branches and agents, Umurenge SACCOs, MFIs, cooperatives, MNO agents, utility bill payment agencies and IREMBO that support citizens in education, enrolment and subscriptions to the scheme. RSSB is leveraging existing administrative capacity and infrastructure of relevant line ministries (MINALOC, Gender, Youth, etc.) as well as volunteers and community-based networks (including VSLAs set up by NGOs) for sustained, mass-scale awareness of the EjoHeza Long term Savings Scheme and promoting key concepts of thrift and self-help and cultivating the habit of retirement savings among citizens. (For more details visit the Ejo Heza website: www.ejoheza.gov.rw).
Scope of Work for the Ejo Heza Long Term Saving Scheme Senior Accountant..
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Establish and maintain sound financial and internal control systems for EjoHeza Long term Savings Scheme which are in line with the GoR Regulations and Donor Procedures;
• Ensure funds are properly managed and flow smoothly, adequately, regularly and predictably to the Custodian and Fund Manager in order to meet the objectives of the scheme;
• Ensure proper and timely accountability for Scheme resources;
• Design and provide the Project Coordinator with monthly analytical reports on the financial performance of the Scheme;
• Prepare annual scheme financial statements and other reports to be reviewed by the Scheme Coordination Office and external auditors as may be required by the program legal agreements and the financial reporting framework of the GoR;
• Liaise with the Office of the Auditor General and /or the External Audit Firm and have responsibility for the timely submission of audited scheme financial statements to the Donors;
• Document accounting policies and procedures
• Resolve reconciliation inquiries with exceptional customer service
• Support accounts receivables tasks, including weekly/monthly invoicing and reconciliation
• Assist in the creation of accounting policies and financial controls
• Establish an Accounting Module Requirements Specification to Support the EjoHeza Software Development team in the development course.
• Self-start and quickly develop an in-depth knowledge of the business, workflow, product and systems that interface with EjoHeza Platform and use that knowledge to proactively add value to the development process.
• Communicate actively, openly and effectively with a variety of different audiences (business and technical).
• Maintain a deep understanding of application functionality and technical architecture
• Write specifications which include both the functional approach to supporting a proposed new feature
• Participate in design meetings with developers to scope development cost of features.
• Assist Quality Assurance in preparation of comprehensive test plans for new feature development, including the prioritized scope of testing required, milestones and timeline for delivery; determine risks and contingency plans.
• Execute minimum acceptance testing on new features and functionality
• Manage bug list and client requests on an on-going basis.
• As appropriate, coordinate releases and new feature initiatives
• Communicate new features to Learning Products; review all documentation.
• Manage the beta process, including client preparation, implementation, and technical support.
• Prepare and deliver new feature training to Support and Services
• Effectively present/demo new features and functionality to internal and external stakeholders.
• Handle escalated support incidents on an ongoing basis.
• Act as the central point of contact for Software Development managers as it relates to new feature status.
Required Qualifications, competences and Experience
The Senior Accountant should:
• Possess an Accounting degree from a recognized university
• Have full membership of either ACCA or CPA;
• Have at least 5 years of experience in Accounting Systems like Sage, etc.;
• Have at least 3 years’ experience in accounting for the donor-funded projects;
• Be familiar with internal control systems;
• Demonstrated technical accounting knowledge and understanding of financial reporting and the Company's business processes.
• Demonstrated project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated analytical, written and oral communication, organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated skills in interpreting accounting, financial and economic information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to details.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Job application procedure
• If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please apply using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 27th March 2019.
• Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
• All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
• For any questions regarding the application process please send us an email at email@example.com (Do not send your application on this email).
• Women candidates are encouraged to apply
• The position is open to Rwandan Nationals only.