Jobs at:Uzima Chicken
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a Cost and Management Accountant to join our finance department to coordinate the Stock management and Costing function of the company. The Cost and Management Accountant will be responsible for farm stock control and reconciliations, stock, and product costing and cost control and will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager. This individual will be a professional with a high level of attention to detail in order to ensure accurate records and reports are produced monthly and timeously. The individual will also be responsible for the standard costing and variance analysis, monthly stock counts projects profitability analysis and ensures standard operating procedures are being adhered to at all our sites and also implementing controls necessary for the smooth running of the business. The ideal candidate requires prior experience in cost and management accounting in an agricultural environment or manufacturing sector. .
• Coordinates the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly production and commercial farm reports and ensure accurate reconciliations of Sales to production reports.
• Produce weekly Scoreboard report and variance analysis making presentation and analysis of business activities to internal management for purposes formulating of policies, planning and control of the business operations.
• Accumulation of costs of farm activities and analyzing profitability per project and providing management with recommendations on alternative business actions. Maintains and balances all general ledger stock accounts by verifying, allocating, and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Coordinates and supports the Finance Manager in the annual and semi-annual external audits by analyzing and preparing corresponding schedules for stocks general ledger accounts; compliance with Internal Controls and supporting documentation for all transactions and ensuring timely provision of information for auditors; this will also apply for the statutory audits.
• Conducts monthly and quarterly general ledger Stock accounts, reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts.
• Participates in annual budget preparation, coordinates continuous budget tracking and variance reporting; also coordinates the monthly forecast process.
• Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures where necessary.
• Provides input into the department’s goal-setting process and will lead the evaluation of the accounting staff in accordance with Uzima Chicken’s policies; provides coaching and mentoring to the accounting team continuously.
• Analyzes Financial Statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Finance Manager’s attention.
• Spots errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending within the department and the organization.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• More than three years of work experience in a cost and management accounting position
• Thorough knowledge of Financial Accounting Statements, IFRS and prior experience supervising/managing accounting staff.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
• Proven active work experience with a recognized financial accounting software
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel V-Lookups and pivot tables.
• Accuracy and attention to detail and a strong sense of confidentiality.
• Able to meet deadlines, ensure compliance with company procedures and maintain a positive attitude when under pressure.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting Business Administration or other relevant qualification.
• Full Professional qualification (ACCA/CPA) preferable (or clear proof of ongoing pursuit of the same).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.