Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Jobs at:Land O'Lakes Venture37
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Kigali Closing date: 30th July 2021
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
The Feed The Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze (Raise Animals for Self-Sufficiency) Activity is a USD $13.8M five-year (October 2019 – September 2024) Market System Development project that works with local partners and private sector actors in Rwanda to strengthen the animal sourced foods (ASF) market system. Implemented under a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) contract, the project works across 8 districts of Rwanda including Burera, Gakenke, Nyamagabe, Nyamasheke, Rutsiro, Ngororero, Kayonza and Ngoma Districts. The goal of Orora Wihaze is to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of ASF through the development of a profitable market. This will be achieved by a selection of interventions under two broad objectives i) Private Sector-Led ASF Value Chains Strengthened; ii) Increase Demand for ASF Consumption for Women and Children. To accomplish this goal, Orora Wihaze seeks to remove production, marketing and consumption constraints affecting dietary diversity of households, especially for women of reproductive age and children of 6-23 months. For households that do not produce or sell ASF, Orora Wihaze will enhance access to safe ASF through development of the existing market system.
The Orora Wihaze activity will use a private sector oriented, market facilitation approach to achieve the intended goal. The approach must sustainably increase livestock productivity, improve relationships across actors in the ASF value chains, build capacity of enterprises in the ASF sector, facilitate access to finance and increase private sector investments in ASF value chains.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will support the MEL Specialist in the development and implementation of the Orora Wihaze MEL Plan. With direction from the MEL Specialist, the MEL Officer will develop data collection tools, coordinate logistics of data collection activities, and enter, clean and analyze, and report on project data. This position will also coordinate the MEL work of district interns and conduct periodic field visits and capacity activities to oversee the quality of data collection. The MEL Officer will be based in Kigali and report to the MEL Specialist.
• Support in the development of activity monitoring plans for discrete Orora Wihaze interventions, including defining data flows and developing data collection tools.
• Coordinate, plan logistics, and oversee quality of data collection activities in target districts.
• Support capacity building and mentorship activities for project staff in data collection quality.
• Enter and clean data in Venture37’s electronic data collection system, IMPACTS, and manage external data entry consultants.
• Analyze data for reports to donor and periodic learning for each Orora Wihaze intervention.
• Conduct data quality field visits, as needed.
• Coordinate MEL work of district-based interns.
• Eagerness to learn new market systems measurement approaches.
• Perform other MEL tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or related field.
• At least 1-3 years of experience in MEL on development projects in Rwanda.
• Experience and/or education in qualitative and quantitative collection and analysis.
• Proficiency in data cleaning, analysis and reporting using MS excel, Stata, or other similar statistical software.
• Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively in English and Kinyarwanda.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with agriculture projects and/or projects funded by the US government.
• Familiarity with electronic data collection and data management programs.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O'Lakes Venture37 will never ask you for personable identifiable information, and we will never request money or payment during the recruitment or employment process. Please submit any questions or concerns to: Venture37generalinquiries@landolakesventure37.org .
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is an equal opportunity employer and an organization striving to help global communities thrive through agriculture. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Our culture values a diversity of voices. So, bring us your unique experiences, your workstyle, and your dreams — they will only make us stronger.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Link: https://lol.avature.net/Careers/JobDetail/Kigali-Rwanda-Monitoring-Evaluation-and-Learning-Officer/1522
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.