Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) is implementing a Five-Years World Bank financed project titled Commercialization and De-Risking for Agricultural Transformation (CDAT) Project.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to rehabilitate and improve existing pressurized irrigation sites and develop new, while also increasing the productivity of these areas and preventing soil erosion, increase value addition and marketability by addressing critical constraints that directly affect their commercialization and increase access to agriculture finance by providing long term loans to agri-MSMEs.
The implementation will be done by Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Board (RAB) together with Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD). The project has a technical assistance component to strengthen the implementing entities and build capacity of the participating stakeholders.
The mandate of BRD is to Increase in number of borrowers obtaining agricultural loans through Direct Lending and through participating financial institutions, and a percentage of female farmers and/or women-led agri-MSMEs obtaining loans through BRD and other FIs.
Given the specificity of this project, BRD is setting up a Project Implementing Unit (PIU) that will oversee overall project implementation over the next five years. It is from this background that BRD seeks to hire competent and qualified personnel to fill the below positions.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Project Accountant (1)
Job Title: CDAT Project Accountant Current Grade: JG6
Duo Reports: Functionally to the Manager - Financial Control and Administratively to CDAT Project Coordinator Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract terms: 5 years renewable fixed term
Main Responsibilities of the Job
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
• Monthly reconciliation of the General Ledger Accounts and prepare necessary adjustments
• Prepare withdrawal applications for funds request
• Maintain the GL within the stipulated bank policy
• Maintain a controlled chart of accounts that allow for adequate reporting in line with CDAT objectives
• Monthly reconciliation of the designated bank accounts;
• Generate periodic reports to the CDAT Management, BRD Management and all stakeholders;
• Prepare, file and initiate the payment process for all CDAT Drawdowns and keep up to date records;
• Reconcile Creditors/debtors accounts with their respective statements;
• Prepare schedules of analysis for expenses, income, assets and liabilities;
• Closely works with all PFIs to enhance data collection, treatment and reporting.
• Prepare, register and keep payments/cheques
• Prepare the project staff payroll for bank transfers at the end of each month.
• Ensures all invoices from external parties are paid in due time, by bank transfer, cheque or cash and arrange those documents by date: her/his task of preparing bank transfer and cheque documents. And manage pipeline payment to external parties.
• Check and approve document requested by Project Manager.
• Attend and record the Grant facilities bank transactions, maintain bank accounts, ensure monthly bank statements and account overviews
• Final responsibility for the cash management; this includes daily cash counts, verification of balance of cash book and cash-on-hand, assistance of cashier in solving imbalances, establishment and signature of cash count statements of the Grant facilities.
• Responsible for sound cash planning & cash withdrawals, to avoid cash shortages or large amounts cash in safe (security issue).
• Updates fixed asset register, follow up consultancies, contractor contract and stock of stationary for the of the Grant facilities.
• Carry out any other duty assigned by the line manager.
Financial activity reporting
• Record all projects’ expenses properly, following guidelines and within the deadlines the latest 15th of the following month.
• Produce statements for control by the Project Management, make all necessary corrections and make all preparations for the monthly closing of the accounting.
• Supervise daily entry of expenses in the cashbook.
• Produce statements for control by the Project Manager, make all necessary corrections and make all preparations for the monthly closing of the accounting including Banks reconciliations.
• Check and control to ensure quality and completeness of justification and supporting accounting documents of all expenses following guidelines.
• Ensure accounting coding and budgeting lines are correct: this includes verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents.
• Responsible for transparent and consistent filing of all accounting, banking and cash management documents.
• Check to ensure correct application of allowances.
• Assist the Project Manager with a variety of tasks: e.g. cost calculations, filing finance-related documents, monthly and weekly financial planning, managing beneficiaries pipeline payments…etc.
• Support the external auditors of the project and follow up on the recommendations in close coordination with the Finance and Administration Manager.
Budgeting and financial planning
• Provides all necessary accounting data and information to the Project Manager, to be able to follow up on budget execution and planning.
• Assist the Project Manager in the elaboration of reports and budgets.
• Financial weekly report
• Monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Planning
• Monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Report
• Finance Department of BRD,
• Working with NIRDA on interest rate subsidy budget Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and other field related to the work Experience and other skills:
• Minimum 5-years’ experience accounting;
• Minimum two-years’ experience in project management environment
• Very good hands-on knowledge of excel and word is a must. Other programs (Database, accounting programs) are strong advantages
• Knowledge of IFRS and Rwanda tax legislation.
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English required, French is an asset
• Mature, good communicator and team player
• Able to work under stressful conditions and not objecting to overtime and field missions
• Demonstrated high proficiency in Kinyarwanda & English (reading, writing, and speaking), French would be an added advantage.">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: 31st October 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 17th October 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.