Jobs at:Land O'Lakes Venture37
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is implementing three projects in Rwanda the Cooperative Development Activity 4 (CD4), Rwanda Orora Wihaze (ROW) and Trade in Agriculture Safely and Efficiently (TRASE).
• Cooperative Development Program (CDP) is a 5-year funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project will run until December 2023 and is in its fourth year of implementation. CDP is advancing dairy, horticulture and maize cooperatives in Rwanda; horticulture and dairy cooperatives in Malawi; and Mouneh cooperative in Lebanon. The project aims to improve capacity, the enabling environment, and resources to meet the evolving needs of their members.
• The Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze (Raise Animals for Self-Sufficiency) Activity is five-year (October 2019 – September 2024) Market System Development project that works with local partners and private sector actors in Rwanda to strengthen the animal sourced foods (ASF) market system. Implemented under a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) contract, the project works across 8 districts of Rwanda. The goal of Orora Wihaze is to sustainably increase the availability of access to, and consumption of ASF through the development of a profitable market. This will be achieved by a selection of interventions under two broad objectives i) Private Sector-Led ASF Value Chains Strengthened; ii) Increase Demand for ASF Consumption for Women and Children. To accomplish this goal, Orora Wihaze seeks to remove production, marketing and consumption constraints affecting dietary diversity of households, especially for women of reproductive age and children of 6-23 months. For households that do not produce or sell ASF, Orora Wihaze will enhance access to safe ASF through development of the existing market system.
• Trade of Agriculture Safely and Efficiently in East Africa (TRASE) is a USDA funded 4.5-year (ending in April 2024) which hopes to work with the target EAC countries to address various bottlenecks being faced because of the inefficient implementation of SPS measures that tend to impede trade rather than promote it. Entrenching Good agricultural practices through the effective and safe use of agrochemicals: Training and awareness Creation on safe use of pesticides and identification of counterfeits is part of a wider multistakeholder effort to build capacity of good agricultural practices in the scope of effective and safe use of pest control products. While AGRA leads the work on domestication of pesticide regulation efforts in the region, TRASE intends to focus on awareness creation and training on the safe and effective use of pesticides and identification of counterfeit products by the Agro-dealers, farmers, and regulators.
The Accountant will serve as Land O'Lakes Venture37’s CD4, ROW and TRASE accountant with the primary role to provide accounting and financial oversight for USAID Cooperative Development Program – CD4, ROW and TRASE, operating in Rwanda. The Accountant will be responsible for preparing and recording accounting transactions and ensuring all transactions are properly documented. This support will be conducted in accordance with Land O'Lakes and donor regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
Supervised by the Senior Finance and Administration Manager. Day-to-day collaboration with the CD4, ROW and TRASE team members.
• Prepare payment vouchers and ensure all supporting documents are included with each payment in accordance with Land O’Lakes and donor policies and procedures.
• Assist in the management and reconciliations of LOL bank accounts.
• Ensure all established Land O’Lakes and donor policies and procedures are followed for authorizations for travel and purchases.
• Ensure that all creditors and debtors accounts are reconciled, and accruals schedules prepared monthly by the required due date.
• Maintain the office Mobile Money and related records.
• In coordination with Senior Finance and Administration Manager, assist with the preparation of monthly budgets and forecasts, as well as monthly financial statements, for the project according to LOL and donor requirements.
• Prepare monthly payroll and process salary payments for CD4, ROW and TRASE staff in Rwanda.
• Submit timely required salary statutory deductions to the relevant government authorities monthly, ensuring that no penalties are incurred for late or incorrect submissions.
• File all required tax returns, VAT reporting and other official documents to the local government.
• Utilize established LOL systems, Costpoint and SharePoint (DevLink) to accomplish work and store key project documents.
• Review and process cost share collected by other Land O’Lakes staff.
• Provide honest, timely feedback to Management on how to improve operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in an accounting role.
• A university degree in accounting or any other relevant Business Degree.
• Advanced knowledge of computers required (MS Excel, Word, Explorer, and PowerPoint).
• Advanced English and Kinyarwanda communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must be detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and able to solve problems.
• Previous experience working with U.S. Government grants and agreements.
• Experience managing multiple deliverables with multiple partners.
• A proven proactive team player, who is able to also work with minimal supervision.
• Customer service oriented
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• ACCA/CPA qualifications.
• Experience supporting procurements.
• Experience with consultants.
• Experience with agricultural programs in Rwanda
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O'Lakes Venture37 will never ask you for personable identifiable information, and we will never request money or payment during the recruitment or employment process. Please submit any questions or concerns to: Venture37HumanResources@landolakes.com
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is an equal opportunity employer and an organization striving to help global communities thrive through agriculture. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors. Our culture values a diversity of voices. So, bring us your unique experiences, your workstyle, and your dreams — they’ll only make us stronger.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.