Jobs at:Kigali Christian School
Deadline of this Job:
26th August 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JJOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ORGANISATION: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (ECOLE CHRETIENNE DE KIGALI) is a private Christian school owned and operated by YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement, and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth for Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through Education and thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (KIGALI and RWAMAGANA CAMPUSES).
It is against this background that Youth for Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position:
SCHOOL ACCOUNTANT (1 position)
Location: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, KIGALI
Nature of Contract: INDEFINITE
To record, report, file, and track all financial transactions necessary for Kigali Christian School to serve its staff and clientele with excellence in all School campuses.
Supervisor(s): School Administrator.
Faith and behaviors Requirements:
Faith – Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church.
Behaviour – Self-Disciplined and teachable. Personal integrity in both professional and private life. .
• To record all financial transactions for Kigali Christian School in a timely manner to ensure reports are easily produced and accessible;
• To efficiently file all financial transactions to ensure proper and timely reporting and easy accessibility for internal and external auditing;
• To prepare financial reports as directed by Kigali Christian School Administrator, School Directors, and Youth For Christ/Rwanda Administration;
• To prepare monthly financial reports;
• To prepare quarterly and annual financial statements;
• To complete bank reconciliations monthly, rectifying any recording errors;
• To ensure Kigali Christian School follows accounting regulations specified by YFC/RWANDA policy and Rwandan statutory law;
• To organize the system of recording and coding according to budgetary items;
• To ensure financial data is backed-up;
• To work for hand in hand with other school Accountants in the process of financial reporting consolidation;
• To collaborate with other school accountants in order to fulfill better his/her mission.
• To collaborate with campus Administrative assistants in the process of collecting financial information needed to fulfill his/her mission.
• To assist the school Administrator on financial and administrative tasks.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church;
• Passion to serve and work hard;
• Self-disciplined and teachable;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Accounting software SAGE SAARI and QUICKBOOKS.
• University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field;
• Knowledge of accounting and recording keeping;
• Prior experience of at least two years in accounting and book-keeping;
• Fluent in English and/or French.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates to the above position are requested to submit their applications addressed to the National Director, Youth For Christ/Rwanda at Kigali Christian School head office at Kibagabaga not later than Monday, the 26th August 2019 at 5:00 PM including:
Curriculum Vitae bearing at least three referees;
Recommendation letter from the church;
Copies of Degree and academic transcripts;
Photocopy of Rwandan Identity card or Passport for foreigners.
Done at Kigali on the 24th July 2019 By:
Kigali Christian School
Youth For Christ/Rwanda
Contact Tel. +250 726 167 979
+250 727 338 356
+250 728 300 404