Jobs at:Kigali Christian School
Deadline of this Job:
26th August 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JJOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ORGANISATION: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (ECOLE CHRETIENNE DE KIGALI) is a private Christian school owned and operated by YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement, and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth for Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through Education and thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (KIGALI and RWAMAGANA CAMPUSES).
It is against this background that Youth for Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position:
SCHOOL ACCOUNTANT (1 position)
Location: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, KIGALI
Nature of Contract: INDEFINITE
To record, report, file, and track all financial transactions necessary for Kigali Christian School to serve its staff and clientele with excellence in all School campuses.
Supervisor(s): School Administrator.
Faith and behaviors Requirements:
Faith – Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church.
Behaviour – Self-Disciplined and teachable. Personal integrity in both professional and private life. .
• To record all financial transactions for Kigali Christian School in a timely manner to ensure reports are easily produced and accessible;
• To efficiently file all financial transactions to ensure proper and timely reporting and easy accessibility for internal and external auditing;
• To prepare financial reports as directed by Kigali Christian School Administrator, School Directors, and Youth For Christ/Rwanda Administration;
• To prepare monthly financial reports;
• To prepare quarterly and annual financial statements;
• To complete bank reconciliations monthly, rectifying any recording errors;
• To ensure Kigali Christian School follows accounting regulations specified by YFC/RWANDA policy and Rwandan statutory law;
• To organize the system of recording and coding according to budgetary items;
• To ensure financial data is backed-up;
• To work for hand in hand with other school Accountants in the process of financial reporting consolidation;
• To collaborate with other school accountants in order to fulfill better his/her mission.
• To collaborate with campus Administrative assistants in the process of collecting financial information needed to fulfill his/her mission.
• To assist the school Administrator on financial and administrative tasks.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church;
• Passion to serve and work hard;
• Self-disciplined and teachable;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Accounting software SAGE SAARI and QUICKBOOKS.
• University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field;
• Knowledge of accounting and recording keeping;
• Prior experience of at least two years in accounting and book-keeping;
• Fluent in English and/or French.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates to the above position are requested to submit their applications addressed to the National Director, Youth For Christ/Rwanda at Kigali Christian School head office at Kibagabaga not later than Monday, the 26th August 2019 at 5:00 PM including:
Curriculum Vitae bearing at least three referees;
Recommendation letter from the church;
Copies of Degree and academic transcripts;
Photocopy of Rwandan Identity card or Passport for foreigners.
Done at Kigali on the 24th July 2019 By:
Kigali Christian School
Youth For Christ/Rwanda
Contact Tel. +250 726 167 979
+250 727 338 356
+250 728 300 404
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.