Senior Accountant (1)
Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
30th January 2019
Date Posted: 28th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Of recent, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning itself “To be an innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the Bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) outlines three (3) key strategic themes;
• Operational Excellence
• Strategic Partnerships
• Dynamic Culture
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Position: Senior Accountant (1)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans, organizes and implements accounting operations and objectives;
• Coordinates and integrates all activities towards achievement of established goals and objectives;
• Supervises, trains and evaluates accounting professionals, and entry-level accounting and support staff;
• Ensures all functions and programs under charge are performed within established budgetary parameters to include performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control;
• Performs accounting work according to IFRS, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work;
• Prepares critical regulatory and fiscal documentation and ensures that the bank complies with statutory and regulatory requirements including BNR reporting and returns are submitted on time, RRA declarations, and RSSB declarations are also submitted timely;
• Generates various financial system reports for audit purposes and ensures accuracy, e.g., revenue accounting, payroll processing, and accounts payable;
• Maintains and reconciles balance sheet accounts for all line items;
• Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and expenditure reports;
• Leads all the accounting functions of the Department;
• Generating lists of recoveries made through IPPIS-EFMIS linked payments and those declarations from loan beneficiaries not repaying through IPPIS (e.g. privately employed);
• Weekly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts;
• Plans, manages, coordinates, and implements the year end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records; conducts year-end closing process; provides information to financial auditors; conducts standard verification of various accounting records;
• Ensures adherence to IFRS and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work;
• Evaluates revenues and expenditures for ensuring compliance with established regulatory standards;
• Performs verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/balances according to department checks and procedures
• Prepares a variety of reports and related information for decision-making purposes;
• Provides technical accounting support and interpretation to management and employees;
• Ensure full tax compliance through the timely preparing, declaring and payment of taxes;
• Managing all accounting documents for all revenues and expenses incurred by the Department of Education Finance;
• Ensuring authenticity and completeness of supporting documents for any payment made;
• Coordinates activities with other departments and work groups as needed to expedite the work with both internal and external audits.
A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Proof of any further training in an accounting profession (ACCA, CPA) will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
• 5 years relevant managerial experience preferably in a banking environment, financial services sector or education sector;
• Knowledge of International Financial
• Reporting Standards, and International Standards on Auditing required;
• Knowledge of Rwanda tax legislation;
• Computer literacy with proficiency in spreadsheets and accounting software;
• Fluency in spoken/written English;
• High integrity and strong character;
• Team leader with good communication, influencing & interpersonal skills, & ability;
• To supervise and develop others;
• Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills;
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/brd/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current service/employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting) , motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: email@example.com (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 03:30 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the January 10, 2019
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.