Senior Finance Assistant (MHD)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
4th April 2019
Date Posted: 26th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 300000 , Minimum: 210000 , Maximum: 900000 , Period: MONTH
Open to Internal &External candidates
Position Title: Senior Finance Assistant (MHD)
Organizational Unit: Resource Management Department
Duty Station: IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6 (UN salary Scale for GS staff)
Type of Appointment: Special fixed term, nine (9) months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: April 04, 2019
Reference Code: VN2019/07 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of mission and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer(RMO). The incumbent will be responsible for performing accounting duties such as but not limited to preparation of monthly financial reports and verification of payments in connection with the financial activities in IOM Rwanda..
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Supervise and guide Medical Administrative Assistant to ensure that they carry out their duties as per IOM rules and regulation.
• Ensure correct allocation of budget lines (WBS) to all medical department related expenses; participate in budget making process by collecting relevant statistics required for such a process as well assist in budget/financial monitoring.
• Assist the RMO budget preparation for MHD and project financial reviews to ensure that all project activities are within the budgeted amount and in case of any variances give an alert and recommendation to RMO.
• Verify all payment requests from MHAC in order to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided and the correct project codes and GL codes have been used.
• Undertake financial analysis of MHD projects.
• Ensure that the Monthly Budget monitoring reports are submitted to the Chief Medical Officer and RO upon demand.
• Assist in the preparation of MHD Project Budgets and their Revisions. Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedure.
• Assist in monitoring expenditure and commitments validity in line with budgets and in coordination with the RMO initiate follow up action in instances where budget lines have been exceeded or in case of any other irregularities noticed in the financial reports
• In coordination with RMO manage MHAC office costs allocation.
• Review of documentation for lodging new project code requests and in the creation of the project structures in SAP, including preparation of project budgets’
• Review, check and sign off all MHAC related vouchers posted to PRISM FI in order to ensure all appropriate supporting documents have been attached and correctness/consistence of the postings.
• Prepare monthly MHAC Cost Projectization Analysis file at the beginning of each month.
• Suggest improvements to existing internal controls in order to safeguard the MHAC financial assets
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or such other related field with 4 years of professional experience
• High Diploma with certificate with 6 years of professional experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in finance and administration
• A high level of computer literacy, in particular, MS Office and computerized accounting systems, including SAP.
• Mature individual, able to work independently, effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
• Tolerant individual with ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested
• Capable of working under stressful and difficult conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Previous work experience with an international/UN organization would be a strong advantage
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required. Knowledge of French and Swahili is an added advantage
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develop effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work;
• Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
Appointment will be subject to certification by the Organization’s (IOM’s) Medical Officer, based on a medical examination(s), that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the Government of Rwanda, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regard to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 04 April 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the Position title, reference code, and the candidates’ names.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé (CV) or completed Personal History Form (PHF) highlighting the required education and experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 22.03.2019 to 04.04.2019