Senior Internal Audit Officer
Jobs at:Equity Bank
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Equity Bank is one of the region's leading Banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda; DRC and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 8 million customers - the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Senior Internal Audit Officer
The Internal Auditor will support the Head of Internal Audit department provide the assurance that the Bank has effective financial, administrative and management systems and controls, adequate and effective risk management processes and ensure observance of good corporate governance practices Internal Auditor conducts financial, operational and compliance audits and furnishes them with analyses, advice and recommendations concerning risk management, control and governance processes
• Conducting reviews from various Units/Branches & ensure timely closure
• Ensure Appropriate Audit Planning, Execution, documentation and timely reporting
• Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities.
• Timely reporting of Audit Findings for management action
• Coordinate meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes
• preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people and ensure proper follow up
• Assessing compliance with Bank rules and regulations & informing management whether any issue needs to be addressed.
• Conducting Exit meetings and ensure suitable understanding of concerns to be addressed
• Test the operations and Credit procedures and support to the design adequate financial controls Improve customer care by initiating improvements to the financial control and auditing process
• Develop new audit programs to ensure adequate financial controls
• Plan internal client meetings and oversee financial disclosures
• Review and make recommendations on Systems, policies and Regulations.
• Create and update internal audit plan
• Any other work as assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Attributes
• Bachelor's Degree with completed or on-going professional qualification like ACCA, CPA OR CIA
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in auditing preferably in a financial institution or in an internationally accredited audit firm
• Broad knowledge of Banking
• Strong Analytical Skills Good report writing skills
• Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
• Excellent report writing, oral communication, logical and analytical skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of computer assisted audit techniques and Ms Office.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Open minded with the ability to learn in a dynamic environment,
• Good commercial awareness and knowledge on international best practice standards in financial reporting (IFRS), TIA Standards and corporate governance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements, submit your application quoting the job opportunity you are applying for to the email address below by 17th September 2021. Please include detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of the relevant certificates, testimonials, and daytime telephone contact and email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Email to: jobsrwandalequitybank.co.rw
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, values and what they bring to the workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.