Senior Project Officer/Cluster Coordinator
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a lead for the Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development/INECD cluster team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. The position will be responsible of managing and coordinating the cluster activity implementation and building working relationships with the districts covered by INECD cluster and reports to the INECD Cluster Manager.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, GoR’s policy and strategy, and good practices.
• Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
• Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
• Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
• Monitor partner activities at different levels up to the community and discuss with the concerned technical advisors and program managers any challenges and/or gaps identified and proposed solutions.
• Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
• Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
• Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
• Support accountability towards central and local governments by coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners to prepare evaluations.
• Participate in monthly program technical meetings (remotely or physically).
• Review and compile the partner monthly, quarterly and annual narrative district reports.
• Prepare and submit monthly coordination activity reports.
• Ensure a good relationship with districts and other district partners.
• Perform additional tasks assigned by the Cluster Manager
• Represent INECD/CRS at the district partnership platforms including JADF, DPEM, open days, and USAUD district hub activities
• Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in the field of nutrition, agri-business, development studies, agricultural Economics, project management would be a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of nutrition, economic strengthening (community saving), agriculture, ECD, monitoring and evaluation, and for an NGO.
• Previous experience working with partners organizations
• Additional experience may substitute for some education.
• Required Languages -
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
• The position is field based. Must be willing to travel to other cluster districts up to 35 % of the time and to Kigali up to 10% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
• Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• Experience working with partners, participatory action planning, and community engagement.
• Staff supervision experience is a plus.
• Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document - via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Friday September 17, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.